News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Belching in Tunnels

Started by Brian556, April 01, 2019, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Recently, I visited the Train Depot at Marshall TX. Because it is located in the middle of a wye, you have to walk through a tunnel to access it. While walking through the tunnel, I let off several loud belches. The tunnel provided a wonderful echo, and made them incredibly loud.

So, if you are ever in Marshall, grab a soda and head for hte tunnel. Its worth it

kevinb1994

Quote from: Brian556 on April 01, 2019, 12:34:08 AM
Recently, I visited the Train Depot at Marshall TX. Because it is located in the middle of a wye, you have to walk through a tunnel to access it. While walking through the tunnel, I let off several loud belches. The tunnel provided a wonderful echo, and made them incredibly loud.

So, if you are ever in Marshall, grab a soda and head for hte tunnel. Its worth it

What's the closest major city to Marshall?

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: kevinb1994 on April 01, 2019, 12:41:25 AM

There's a very popular mapping service that can easily answer your question. Use it.

I'm more the type to eat a giant bean burrito the day before and let it come out the other end. :)

kevinb1994

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 01, 2019, 12:48:13 AM

There's a very popular mapping service that can easily answer your question. Use it.

I'm more the type to eat a giant bean burrito the day before and let it come out the other end. :)

Be nice, I was just asking a question. Geez.

Brian556

What’s the closest major city to Marshall?

I had a chili dog the day before going out there. I let all that out at my mother's house. At least that way she knows I haven't changed

LM117

I see you, too, are a man of culture as well. :coffee:
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

kurumi

Sometimes you can predict, from the thread title alone, who the poster is.

This time I was wrong.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

abefroman329

Quote from: kurumi on April 01, 2019, 11:30:17 AM
Sometimes you can predict, from the thread title alone, who the poster is.

This time I was wrong.
No, that would have been "Does anyone remember a commercial in the 80s where a guy belched in a tunnel?"

Brandon

Any bunker blasts while bubbling as well?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

1995hoo

Save gas. Belch or fart into a jar.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

inkyatari

Quote from: Brandon on April 01, 2019, 01:43:00 PM

Any bunker blasts while bubbling as well?

Speaking of which, they have a few old army ammo bunkers open to the public at Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie (The old Joliet Army Ammunition Plant,) south of Joliet Illinois. I've belched inside one of them several times.

'Tis a thing of beauty.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 02, 2019, 09:38:49 AM
Save gas. Belch or fart into a jar.

Speaking of which, I feel like I read that some people in ancient civilizations (I think it was the Greeks or the Romans) would fart into a jar and then periodically smell it because it would reportedly make them live longer.  :D
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

roadman65

I actually farted in the Lehigh Valley RR Tunnel in Pattenburg, NJ.  The tunnel has a 14 feet high ceiling and is 20 feet wide and over a mile long yet my friend Frank smelt it when I released it.

Not to sound like NE2 and such, but this thread reminds me of that moment.  It was a cold winter day and of course in cold weather sound, and smell goes further.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.