AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: AARoads Page Updates  (Read 322677 times)

Zeffy

• Revved to Redline

• Last Login: April 26, 2021, 12:13:44 PM
Re: AARoads Page Updates
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »

If the Facebook content is on a Page, you do not have to be a member to view it. For instance, my Millennium Highway FB page is publicly accessible. But the Millennium Highway group is restricted not only to FB members, but to members of the group.

Oh, it works on my desktop. At work, it wouldn't load on my iPhone, saying I had to login first. Cool photos Andy!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

LARIA1111

• Last Login: November 22, 2015, 01:15:23 AM
Re: Page Updates
« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2015, 01:13:41 AM »

I'm Making A Driving Simulator On RŌBLOX and I need some Highway signs too make. Keep taking pictures cuase I get ideas from here!

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 12:48:08 AM
    • I-95; Still not finished in Boston, Central New Jersey, or Washington, D.C.
« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2015, 08:19:46 AM »

FYI, the US 98 in Polk County, Florida page actually covers PASCO County:
http://www.southeastroads.com/us-098ep_fl.html

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 02:36:56 PM
    • AARoads
« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2015, 09:07:44 AM »

FYI, the US 98 in Polk County, Florida page actually covers PASCO County:
http://www.southeastroads.com/us-098ep_fl.html

Amended...

I had intentions on adding the Pasco County stuff separate, but never got around to it. Four photos is pretty sparse for a page, but I do have new material for US 98 shot this year to post at some point.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2016, 11:31:38 AM »

FYI, We will be removing the following sections of the site in the coming weeks:

• Appalachian Regional Commission Development Corridors
  • High Priority Corridors
  • AARoads' License Plate Page
  • Europe @ AARoads

Many of these pages have not been updated since before 2008 or have otherwise changed since they were originally created in the early to mid 2000s. Copies will be kept on disc/external harddrive.

froggie

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2016, 07:46:06 AM »

I would suggest keeping the ARC and HPC pages for historical info purposes.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »

I would suggest keeping the ARC and HPC pages for historical info purposes.

Ditto.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 12:48:08 AM
    • I-95; Still not finished in Boston, Central New Jersey, or Washington, D.C.
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:33 PM »

I see that there was an update of I-95 in Florida with future I-795 (FL 9B). I took some pics from there a few days after that.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #383 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »

I know its not Interstate Business Route Appreciation Week anymore, but while that was ongoing, I was early through a three-week overhaul of the Business Route Guide. Just completed the last of those page revisions, which included going through every route's guide and trying to verify whether the loop or spur was still signed, decommissioned, or switched to local control. Additionally the old picture page, with photos contributed over the last 15 plus years, was retired, with most of the photos posted there moved onto the individual route pages. Also added a few taken from recent roadtrips and scanned a few maps too.

Went through some of the posts here and added the proposed routes for the Oklahoma City Boulevard Business Loop for I-40 mentioned by Eric (okroads) and the Indian Creek, MI one cited by Andy. If I missed a route, got something wrong, or forgot to upload a file, please let me know here.

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: March 16, 2024, 01:05:30 AM
« Reply #384 on: September 03, 2016, 05:50:43 PM »

I know its not Interstate Business Route Appreciation Week anymore, but while that was ongoing, I was early through a three-week overhaul of the Business Route Guide. Just completed the last of those page revisions, which included going through every route's guide and trying to verify whether the loop or spur was still signed, decommissioned, or switched to local control. Additionally the old picture page, with photos contributed over the last 15 plus years, was retired, with most of the photos posted there moved onto the individual route pages. Also added a few taken from recent roadtrips and scanned a few maps too.

Went through some of the posts here and added the proposed routes for the Oklahoma City Boulevard Business Loop for I-40 mentioned by Eric (okroads) and the Indian Creek, MI one cited by Andy. If I missed a route, got something wrong, or forgot to upload a file, please let me know here.

Hey Alex, wouldn't the I-376 Business Loop pretty much qualify for being considered as a "Business Loop Freeways" in the 'Types' area?  Sure, it does have that very small segment with the 3 traffic lights in the middle, but otherwise, it's pretty much a freeway.  Maybe a 'note' for it in that section because of that?

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #385 on: March 22, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »

Finished revamping all of the Delaware state route pages on the site with all the photos I took in December and January. Plus I added more historical map scans, updated the traffic counts and also added new photos taken along the five US highways across the state. Have a couple hundred photos of Interstates 95, 295 and 495, but will probably hold off on going through those so I can focus on other areas of the site.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

• Last Login: May 13, 2021, 08:47:30 PM
« Reply #386 on: June 17, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »

I am going to Arkansas Children's this month and in August, I can provide updated information and signage/photos to accompany said information. (As of 2017)
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #387 on: June 18, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »

I am going to Arkansas Children's this month and in August, I can provide updated information and signage/photos to accompany said information. (As of 2017)

Which highways?

I have I-49 northbound covered from November in NWA but not yet posted. Have AR 549 east of Ft Smith too. I-40 east from Van Buren to LR from May 2012, I-555 from the same trip, I-55 in 2013, etc. Just need time or help in getting them posted.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »

Which highways?

I have I-49 northbound covered from November in NWA but not yet posted. Have AR 549 east of Ft Smith too. I-40 east from Van Buren to LR from May 2012, I-555 from the same trip, I-55 in 2013, etc. Just need time or help in getting them posted.
As far as the Little Rock AARoads page for I-630 and the other Interstates are concerned I could get them all, if someone hasn't already. I know the Big Rock Interchange could be updated, the I-430 is being widened. The 630 was set to begin in May of sometime.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »

Which highways?

As far as the Little Rock AARoads page for I-630 and the other Interstates are concerned I could get them all, if someone hasn't already. I know the Big Rock Interchange could be updated, the I-430 is being widened. The 630 was set to begin in May of sometime.

Also the AR 10/I-430 Interchange is getting an upgrade. I-30 west of Little Rock is getting a facelift.  If you go through town, don't forget to check out US 10 ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

« Reply #390 on: June 18, 2017, 07:43:15 PM »

I'll be sure to do so! I am most interested in seeing progess begin on the 630's additional lanes!

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #391 on: January 09, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »

Will be switching the site over to a new design using a content management system starting tomorrow night. This culminates over a year of work and research, and is why our updates have trickled down over the last several months. All of the dynamically driven pages will be changed, as will the main pages. There will still be 2,000 plus html pages that need to be converted, and we'll get to those over time I hope.

A few new features will be a FAQ section to replace the bullet listed glossary page and an albums section which will host collections of photos instead of our more formal highway guides. All of the Archive pages that we've made over the last several years are being moved there. Additionally with our photo queue always growing, we'll be using that section to post some of the more recent photos.

The Shield Gallery will be reformatted next so that we can resume updating it. Unfortunately however, the shield generator will be dropped due to the issues mentioned here.

Marf

• See my Fic Hwys at http://yoitect.com/6rr6 (Adfly)

• Last Login: January 14, 2018, 09:34:32 AM
« Reply #392 on: January 09, 2018, 12:43:52 PM »

Wait, so we will not have highway guides anymore?
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #393 on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »

Wait, so we will not have highway guides anymore?

No, they are just being reformatted/improved. We'll just be adding the new albums section to compliment the existing guides.

The guides take longer to create/update, so the albums section will be more of a mass upload of photos, allowing us to get more of our backlog posted versus waiting to have the time to compile them in a regular page.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #394 on: January 09, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »

Will be switching the site over to a new design using a content management system starting tomorrow night. This culminates over a year of work and research, and is why our updates have trickled down over the last several months. All of the dynamically driven pages will be changed, as will the main pages. There will still be 2,000 plus html pages that need to be converted, and we'll get to those over time I hope.

A few new features will be a FAQ section to replace the bullet listed glossary page and an albums section which will host collections of photos instead of our more formal highway guides. All of the Archive pages that we've made over the last several years are being moved there. Additionally with our photo queue always growing, we'll be using that section to post some of the more recent photos.

The Shield Gallery will be reformatted next so that we can resume updating it. Unfortunately however, the shield generator will be dropped due to the issues mentioned here.

Don't break anything. ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cahwyguy

• California Highway Guy

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:53:08 PM
    • California Highways
« Reply #395 on: January 09, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »

I just saw all of this. Especially if URLs are going to be changing, I need to know to fix all the references into AAroads from California Highways (which are numerous). Please send me an EMAIL so that I can track this and ensure we stay in synchronization. Email is faigin -at cahighways.org
Daniel - California Highway Guy ● Highway Site: http://www.cahighways.org/ ●  Blog: http://blog.cahighways.org/ ● Podcast (CA Route by Route): http://caroutebyroute.org/ ● Follow California Highways on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cahighways

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #396 on: January 09, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »

I just saw all of this. Especially if URLs are going to be changing, I need to know to fix all the references into AAroads from California Highways (which are numerous). Please send me an EMAIL so that I can track this and ensure we stay in synchronization. Email is faigin -at cahighways.org

Will do once things roll out. The bulk of the California pages will still need to be switched, so most of those url's will remain in tact for the time being.

Marf

• See my Fic Hwys at http://yoitect.com/6rr6 (Adfly)

• Last Login: January 14, 2018, 09:34:32 AM
« Reply #397 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:41 PM »

How is it going?
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #398 on: January 11, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »

It took a lot longer for Matt to download the all of files last night, so the rollout is pushed back for the time being.

Alex

• Webmaster

• AARoads
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »

Matt was able to get things in place, and the new design is now live. There are a number of things we have to go through still and change, like updating old links to new links in additional to dealing with the 2,000 or so old html pages.
The old html will remain in the previous template until we can get to all of those pages and convert them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.