News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

condition structure of the Ambassador Bridge

Started by Stephane Dumas, October 28, 2009, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

leifvanderwall

Well, I'm not asking for miracles, but it goes to show that this nation is having trouble to come up with funding to repair bridges. I'm not surprised one bit that the bridge is only in fair condition and it is a very busy structure. It seems to me that the next I-35 W tragedy is right around the corner. I find it troubling that the authority of the bridge tried to keep the report from coming out.

mightyace

Quote from: leifvanderwall on November 03, 2009, 05:39:49 PM
Well, I'm not asking for miracles, but it goes to show that this nation is having trouble to come up with funding to repair bridges. I'm not surprised one bit that the bridge is only in fair condition and it is a very busy structure. It seems to me that the next I-35 W tragedy is right around the corner. I find it troubling that the authority of the bridge tried to keep the report from coming out.

I don't know if this is an example of lack of funds.  Since the authority of the bridge is a private, for-profit enterprise, did they sacrifice safety in the name of profits?  (i.e. They could have kept the bridge in better condition but didn't want to.)
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Hellfighter

Quote from: mightyace on November 03, 2009, 05:52:33 PM
Quote from: leifvanderwall on November 03, 2009, 05:39:49 PM

I don't know if this is an example of lack of funds.  Since the authority of the bridge is a private, for-profit enterprise, did they sacrifice safety in the name of profits?  (i.e. They could have kept the bridge in better condition but didn't want to.)

Knowing the many controversies about Mr. Matty, that seems very plausible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.