Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Cleveland Opportunity Corridor

(1/14) > >>

ysuindy:
3.5 mile boulevard to link I-490 to University Circle

4-5 lane, $331 million project receives FHA approval

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/05/opportunity_corridor_gets_fede.html

exit10:
I've seen worse ideas, I guess. If the point was just to get suburbanites to Case, the Clinic, and museums faster, they should have just said so. The rhetoric of economic revitalization via road construction in an area that is so far gone is comical at best and horribly disingenuous at worst.

When the road opens, they're not literally going to call it "The Opportunity Corridor," are they? Being an intra-city route, it probably won't get a number.

vtk:

--- Quote from: ysuindy on June 02, 2014, 10:54:24 PM ---4-5 lane, $331 million project receives FHA approval

--- End quote ---

Since when does the Federal Housing Administration approve roads?

froggie:
Wouldn't be the first time someone used FHA to refer to Federal Highway…

thenetwork:

--- Quote from: exit10 on June 03, 2014, 12:29:53 AM ---I've seen worse ideas, I guess. If the point was just to get suburbanites to Case, the Clinic, and museums faster, they should have just said so. The rhetoric of economic revitalization via road construction in an area that is so far gone is comical at best and horribly disingenuous at worst.

When the road opens, they're not literally going to call it "The Opportunity Corridor," are they? Being an intra-city route, it probably won't get a number.

--- End quote ---

Knowing Cleveland, the new road will ultimately be limited to a very low speed limit with speed &/or red light cameras at every other intersection...That's where the "Opportunity Corridor" name kicks in!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version