Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Ohio

<< < (99/115) > >>

chaparral:
Are there any plans to improve the Toledo to Columbus route? I 75 - US 68/OH 15 - US 23 works well until about Waldo, and then it all goes straight down the drain. A Super-2 from Waldo to a new I 71 exit at OH 521 would definitely improve matters, but for long-distance travelers it would be even better to run it through New Albany to I-70 or even all the way down to US 33 at Canal Winchester.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: chaparral on May 21, 2021, 04:25:59 PM ---Are there any plans to improve the Toledo to Columbus route? I 75 - US 68/OH 15 - US 23 works well until about Waldo, and then it all goes straight down the drain. A Super-2 from Waldo to a new I 71 exit at OH 521 would definitely improve matters, but for long-distance travelers it would be even better to run it through New Albany to I-70 or even all the way down to US 33 at Canal Winchester.

--- End quote ---
That is what the survey linked above is about.

tigerwings:
built this

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=4801.0

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: okroads on May 20, 2021, 12:04:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: SkyPesos on May 20, 2021, 09:16:35 AM ---Anyone know what these blue mile markers on the WB US 50 trumpet ramp off the Ohio River bridge onto the concurrency with OH 7/32 is for? It's in the Mile 5 range, which is strange as I'm pretty sure that US 50 is in the MM 200s at that point. Also it's posted every 0.1 mile on a ramp; ODOT normally does neither of those things with the blue mile markers, with the exception of 0.1 intervals in the Cincinnati area.

--- End quote ---

That is based off of US 50's mileage in Washington County only instead of the entire state.

--- End quote ---
Considering that those are the new mile markers with the wider width, and full cardinal direction name instead of an abbreviation, installed sometime in the last 8 years, kind of surprising that they still went with county based mile markers at that point. When OH 126 got its mile markers replaced, it switched from county mile markers starting at the Butler-Hamilton line to the state line at IN.

EDIT: Actually, OH 126's mile markers history is interesting.
- Old style mile marker (2015), MM 19 (County-based)
- New style mile marker (2016), MM 19 (County-based)
- New style mile marker (2017), MM 32 (State-based)
So the second one lasted for less than a year, before it was replaced by a similar one with mileage from the state line.

okroads:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on May 22, 2021, 12:38:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: okroads on May 20, 2021, 12:04:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: SkyPesos on May 20, 2021, 09:16:35 AM ---Anyone know what these blue mile markers on the WB US 50 trumpet ramp off the Ohio River bridge onto the concurrency with OH 7/32 is for? It's in the Mile 5 range, which is strange as I'm pretty sure that US 50 is in the MM 200s at that point. Also it's posted every 0.1 mile on a ramp; ODOT normally does neither of those things with the blue mile markers, with the exception of 0.1 intervals in the Cincinnati area.

--- End quote ---

That is based off of US 50's mileage in Washington County only instead of the entire state.

--- End quote ---
Considering that those are the new mile markers with the wider width, and full cardinal direction name instead of an abbreviation, installed sometime in the last 8 years, kind of surprising that they still went with county based mile markers at that point. When OH 126 got its mile markers replaced, it switched from county mile markers starting at the Butler-Hamilton line to the state line at IN.

EDIT: Actually, OH 126's mile markers history is interesting.
- Old style mile marker (2015), MM 19 (County-based)
- New style mile marker (2016), MM 19 (County-based)
- New style mile marker (2017), MM 32 (State-based)
So the second one lasted for less than a year, before it was replaced by a similar one with mileage from the state line.

--- End quote ---

It is surprising considering recent trends but there is another similar situation. US 68 in Clark County (near Springfield) had exit numbers added last year, but the numbers were based on the county's mileage instead of US 68's overall Ohio mileage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version