Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Ohio

<< < (101/115) > >>

TempoNick:

--- Quote from: skluth on May 31, 2021, 01:19:30 PM ---
Your preference is from your personal driving situation. When I lived in St Louis, I did know how many more miles I needed to get home as I crossed Illinois on I-55, I-64, and I-70. Mile markers from the other direction may matter to you but that's more a function of your location than anything. XY coordinates traditionally start in the lower left or southwest corner. Unless you learned to draw coordinates in junior high using graph paper different from the rest of us.

--- End quote ---

In other words, even though they could be useful in the opposite direction (when they currently aren't) you don't to change them for no reason other than to be a jerk? Great reason.

skluth:

--- Quote from: TempoNick on June 01, 2021, 12:51:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: skluth on May 31, 2021, 01:19:30 PM ---
Your preference is from your personal driving situation. When I lived in St Louis, I did know how many more miles I needed to get home as I crossed Illinois on I-55, I-64, and I-70. Mile markers from the other direction may matter to you but that's more a function of your location than anything. XY coordinates traditionally start in the lower left or southwest corner. Unless you learned to draw coordinates in junior high using graph paper different from the rest of us.

--- End quote ---

In other words, even though they could be useful in the opposite direction (when they currently aren't) you don't to change them for no reason other than to be a jerk? Great reason.

--- End quote ---

No. It's about standardization. States only want one set of mile markers and the standard location for the starting point is the lower left or SW corner. That it's inconvenient for you personally is just a function of the system. I had the same issue as you on Missouri interstates when I was driving across Missouri back to St Louis. It's immature to call someone a jerk just for explaining the system and you not liking the answer.

Hot Rod Hootenanny:
C-bus TV piece concerning ODOT District 6 asking us what should be done about US 23
https://www.10tv.com/article/traffic/odot-what-improvements-can-be-made-on-us-23-between-waldo-and-i-270/530-fe0c844d-2bf6-410f-9ee0-6d0441249632

Hot Rod Hootenanny:
More about US 23 in Worthington & Delaware County
https://www.delgazette.com/news/90883/odot-wraps-up-lane-configuration-signage-project-on-us-23

The Ghostbuster:
Any chance of a freeway conversion along US 23 from Columbus to Waldo, or a full freeway conversion (remove all at-grade intersections) of 23 between Waldo and Upper Sandusky? Maybe a 23/15 freeway conversion from Upper Sandusky to Interstate 75 near Findlay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version