Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Ohio

<< < (102/114) > >>

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 24, 2021, 02:27:39 PM ---Any chance of a freeway conversion along US 23 from Columbus to Waldo, or a full freeway conversion (remove all at-grade intersections) of 23 between Waldo and Upper Sandusky? Maybe a 23/15 freeway conversion from Upper Sandusky to Interstate 75 near Findlay?

--- End quote ---
I doubt US 23 between I-270 and Waldo would become a freeway. Especially the section between Columbus and Delaware, it's too developed. The best case scenario with current conditions is a spur of I-71 (doesn't have to be an interstate) from a point just north of the US 36 interchange to US 23 just north of Waldo.

westerninterloper:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 24, 2021, 02:27:39 PM ---Any chance of a freeway conversion along US 23 from Columbus to Waldo, or a full freeway conversion (remove all at-grade intersections) of 23 between Waldo and Upper Sandusky? Maybe a 23/15 freeway conversion from Upper Sandusky to Interstate 75 near Findlay?

--- End quote ---

I'm going to guess that US 23 will be an expressway at best, not a full freeway, much like US 24 and US 30 in northern Ohio. Several segments of US 23/SR 15 between Delaware and Findlay are low traffic with at-grade crossings that are unlikely to go away anytime soon. ODOT is making some marginal improvements closer to Marion that mimic changes that InDOT is making to US 31 north of Indianapolis, another good comparison to what US 23 will eventually become.

GCrites80s:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on June 24, 2021, 02:32:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---
I doubt US 23 between I-270 and Waldo would become a freeway. Especially the section between Columbus and Delaware, it's too developed. The best case scenario with current conditions is a spur of I-71 (doesn't have to be an interstate) from a point just north of the US 36 interchange to US 23 just north of Waldo.

--- End quote ---

Yeah would have had to do that in the 20th century. There are a whole lot of businesses that would close if access was limited.

MASTERNC:
Interesting observation from a trucker who broadcasts his trips on YouTube: the new Ohio Turnpike main line toll plaza west of Toledo has an exit number tab on the BGS for the cash lanes right at the gore point.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: MASTERNC on June 30, 2021, 08:10:50 PM ---Interesting observation from a trucker who broadcasts his trips on YouTube: the new Ohio Turnpike main line toll plaza west of Toledo has an exit number tab on the BGS for the cash lanes right at the gore point.

--- End quote ---
Do you have a link to that video or stream?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version