Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Ohio

<< < (109/113) > >>

Alex:
The new dogbone interchange joining I-475/U.S. 23 with Dorr Street in Springfield Township opened yesterday.

Dorr Street, I-475 interchange opening for traffic

--- Quote ---After nearly two years of construction, the Dorr Street interchange at Interstate Highway 475 is opening to the public.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The $46.7 million project began in November 2019 and added a third lane of travel in both north and southbound lanes for two miles of the I-475/U.S. 23 corridor in addition to the new interchange that has multiple roundabouts on Dorr Street, something leaders say will be safer for drivers as well.
--- End quote ---

JCinSummerfield:

--- Quote from: Alex on August 03, 2021, 10:11:44 AM ---The new dogbone interchange joining I-475/U.S. 23 with Dorr Street in Springfield Township opened yesterday.

Dorr Street, I-475 interchange opening for traffic

--- Quote ---After nearly two years of construction, the Dorr Street interchange at Interstate Highway 475 is opening to the public.
--- End quote ---

I drove through there on Sunday, and was disappointed they weren't open yet.  My son will be using it daily to get to his job.  I know he's been looking forward to it opening.

--- Quote ---The $46.7 million project began in November 2019 and added a third lane of travel in both north and southbound lanes for two miles of the I-475/U.S. 23 corridor in addition to the new interchange that has multiple roundabouts on Dorr Street, something leaders say will be safer for drivers as well.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

TempoNick:

--- Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 19, 2021, 11:23:53 PM ---Franklin County & Pataskala (in Licking Co) are not going to give up any state mileage to sort out a numbering issue out near Granville.
Unless someone(s) want to payoff ODOT....

--- End quote ---

I was just learning about the Avenue of the Saints, the route from St. Louis to St. Paul. I have driven much of it before, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be a highway to connect the two cities. Because of the mishmash of numbers it carried (US 218 and US 18 among others), Iowa gave it a consistent number, Iowa 27. It is also known as Missouri 27 for much of the road in that state.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: TempoNick on August 11, 2021, 12:59:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 19, 2021, 11:23:53 PM ---Franklin County & Pataskala (in Licking Co) are not going to give up any state mileage to sort out a numbering issue out near Granville.

--- End quote ---

I was just learning about the Avenue of the Saints, the route from St. Louis to St. Paul. I have driven much of it before, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be a highway to connect the two cities. Because of the mishmash of numbers it carried (US 218 and US 18 among others), Iowa gave it a consistent number, Iowa 27. It is also known as Missouri 27 for much of the road in that state.

--- End quote ---
There's also the CKC with MO/IL 110, except the Illinois section is more of providing a N-S expressway for the western part of the state than be the fastest route from Chicago to Kansas City. From the Circle Interchange in Chicago to the I-72/I-172 interchange, the CKC (IL 110) is 310 miles, while I-55/I-72 is 290 miles, not to mention that it's toll free, as IL 110 runs concurrently with the tolled I-88 for some portion.

Bitmapped:

--- Quote from: TempoNick on August 11, 2021, 12:59:33 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

ODOT gave SR 32 its number to bring consistency to the corridor. Originally, it was SR 32 (SR 74 prior to Interstate renumbering), briefly SR 772 (?), then SR 124, SR 346, and US 50 to the West Virginia line. The SR 32 designation was eventually extended east overlapping SR 124 and replacing SR 346, and then later SR 32 was also multiplexed with US 50 east of Athens to provide a consistent designation for the corridor.

I agree that the numbering on the Columbus-to-Newark corridor is confusing. At the very least, ODOT should extend SR 161 east to meet SR 16. I could see maybe replacing SR 16 with SR 161 east to Coshocton but I don't know there is an appetite for that renumbering. You still have the corridor east of there continuing as US 36, US 250, and US 22 over to Steubenville, and I don't see a state route getting extended over that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version