Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Ohio

<< < (114/115) > >>

josh79905:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on September 18, 2021, 03:11:52 PM ---Probably a quirk with District 7 then. Note that both OH 4 and US 35 in Dayton doesn't have exit numbers yet, while if it was in literally any other ODOT district, it would've got exit numbers by now. Wouldn't be surprised to see county based mileage ones go up in the next few months for those two freeways too.

--- End quote ---

It's not just District 7.  SR 11's exit numbering ends at the Columbiana/Mahoning County line, which are in different districts.  I actually asked someone at ODOT District 11 (where Columbiana county is in) about that a few years ago and they said it would change when the signs get replaced.  Well, the signs were replaced, but still no exit numbers. 

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: seicer on September 20, 2021, 09:29:13 AM ---Interesting. Now that the abandoned Stearns & Foster factory (which was located alongside the canal that later became southbound I-75) is demolished, it should make that project far easier.

I never realized that the transmission towers along northbound I-75 were a major reason as to why that alignment may not be considered as part of the Thru the Valley project. Relocating the lines would require a lot of demolitions and two years - at a large expense.

--- End quote ---
Not sure if it was mentioned in that pdf, but that section with the transmission towers nearby is also on a viaduct, which obviously is more difficult to widen than a highway at ground level. Looking at GSV, yea, this is not a good place to widen a highway

I would definitely prefer the alternative of moving the NB lanes to the SB side over keeping it as is based on the conditions, but a side of me is sad to potentially see one of the widest medians in a urban area be gone. Now we'll wait for the decision...

frankenroad:

--- Quote from: SkyPesos on September 21, 2021, 10:24:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: seicer on September 20, 2021, 09:29:13 AM ---Interesting. Now that the abandoned Stearns & Foster factory (which was located alongside the canal that later became southbound I-75) is demolished, it should make that project far easier.

I never realized that the transmission towers along northbound I-75 were a major reason as to why that alignment may not be considered as part of the Thru the Valley project. Relocating the lines would require a lot of demolitions and two years - at a large expense.

--- End quote ---
Not sure if it was mentioned in that pdf, but that section with the transmission towers nearby is also on a viaduct, which obviously is more difficult to widen than a highway at ground level. Looking at GSV, yea, this is not a good place to widen a highway

I would definitely prefer the alternative of moving the NB lanes to the SB side over keeping it as is based on the conditions, but a side of me is sad to potentially see one of the widest medians in a urban area be gone. Now we'll wait for the decision...

--- End quote ---

I went and looked at the plans after seeing the reference above, and I agree that moving the NB lanes back next to the SB lanes seems like the best alternative.   Part of me will be sad when the current NB lanes are removed, as my Dad and I would frequently go to Lockland/Reading to watch them get built.  IIRC, it took about 2 years (65-67) and I remember being surprised how quickly they opened after the work began.   Of course, I was only 11 so my understanding of project timelines was little to none!  This will be the second construction project I remember watching with my Dad that will be destroyed (the first was a medical arts building).

Hot Rod Hootenanny:
An article out of C-bus that is not paywalled...
https://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2021/09/24/future-central-ohio-highway-projects.html
(list of projects that ODOT has promised money for, around Central Ohio, for the next couple of years)

SkyPesos:
^ Nice to see that the I-71 and Big Walnut Rd interchange is pretty much confirmed now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version