Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

ODOT: NEOH 2021 Construction Plans...

<< < (2/3) > >>

mvak36:

--- Quote from: thenetwork on April 26, 2021, 07:49:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on April 26, 2021, 01:07:39 PM ---And concerning the addition of more exits along NE Ohio freeways...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/noaca-ready-to-say-no-to-three-new-suburban-highway-interchanges-based-on-detailed-cost-benefit-analysis/ar-BB1fYjWu?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&item=flights%3Aprg-mobileappview

--- End quote ---

Surprised they want to pooh-pooh the I‐71/SR-57 exit.  Any additional I-71 exit for Medina would help take some of the traffic off of SR-3 and SR-18.   Plus that would make a great alternative to Wadsworth from the north.

--- End quote ---

I was wondering about that too. It seems like a good place for an exit. Not sure if there was a lot of public opposition to that interchange.

Buck87:

--- Quote from: sandwalk on April 14, 2021, 04:05:46 PM ---A bit further west, ODOT will start construction of a roundabout at the US 20 / SR 601 intersection east of Norwalk this summer.  Like the Baumhart / SR 113 intersection, it has been plagued by numerous crashes over the years.  However, there is not enough traffic to warrant installing a traffic light.  The roundabout is a good idea here.

https://www.transportation.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odot/projects/projects/110357

--- End quote ---
I bet the R+L Carriers distribution facility about a mile south of there is just thrilled about this...

LM-Q620

sandwalk:

--- Quote from: Buck87 on April 27, 2021, 12:11:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: sandwalk on April 14, 2021, 04:05:46 PM ---A bit further west, ODOT will start construction of a roundabout at the US 20 / SR 601 intersection east of Norwalk this summer.  Like the Baumhart / SR 113 intersection, it has been plagued by numerous crashes over the years.  However, there is not enough traffic to warrant installing a traffic light.  The roundabout is a good idea here.

https://www.transportation.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odot/projects/projects/110357

--- End quote ---
I bet the R+L Carriers distribution facility about a mile south of there is just thrilled about this...

LM-Q620

--- End quote ---

Eh....if they employ competent drivers, it shouldn't be an issue.  Plus, the semi trucks won't have to stop and wait for 55mph cross traffic at that intersection anymore.

Buck87:

--- Quote from: sandwalk on May 05, 2021, 02:13:47 PM ---Eh....if they employ competent drivers, it shouldn't be an issue.  Plus, the semi trucks won't have to stop and wait for 55mph cross traffic at that intersection anymore.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was operating under the assumption that truckers don't like roundabouts. Though after reading some comments about this project in a local paper I saw some anecdotal evidence that a lot of truckers actually prefer them, as long as the turning radius is adequate. Definitely makes sense from a free flow vs. stop and start perspective. 

skluth:

--- Quote from: Buck87 on May 06, 2021, 12:17:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: sandwalk on May 05, 2021, 02:13:47 PM ---Eh....if they employ competent drivers, it shouldn't be an issue.  Plus, the semi trucks won't have to stop and wait for 55mph cross traffic at that intersection anymore.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was operating under the assumption that truckers don't like roundabouts. Though after reading some comments about this project in a local paper I saw some anecdotal evidence that a lot of truckers actually prefer them, as long as the turning radius is adequate. Definitely makes sense from a free flow vs. stop and start perspective.

--- End quote ---

I've always been a fan of the giant roundabouts incorporated into interchanges like this and this. I was a passenger on a tour bus to Gibraltar in the second; the bus driver has no problems driving the this at the same speed as the cars in front. It's not much different than driving this traffic circle on the George Washington Parkway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version