Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Why is US 33 northbound (In Ohio) a 4 lane road

<< < (6/7) > >>

TempoNick:

--- Quote from: GCrites80s on May 10, 2021, 09:25:51 PM ---Even up until the '80s people we lumping Portsmouth into Columbus like it was almost part of the metro;

--- End quote ---

Long history of people migrating from Southern Ohio, WV and KY to Columbus for work and for a better life. Even today, the biggest destination for outmigration from WV and KY is Ohio and not to the South. Columbus TV stations were the defacto Ohio affiliates down there so there was always the cultural connection as well. If you wanted to hear Ohio news and sports, you would get more of it from a Columbus station than from one of the WV stations.

hbelkins:
OH 32's controls at US 23 are Cincinnati and Jackson. How much northbound traffic on US 23 uses OH 32 to travel to Cincinnati vs. using US 52 along the river west from Portsmouth?

seicer:
I think a lot more now that the OH 823 bypass shortens that time significantly. Through traffic would either take OH 73 to OH 32 or the Rosemont Hill bypass to US 23 to OH 32.

TempoNick:
I drove US 52 a couple of Christmases ago from Cincinnati to Portsmouth just to be able to take Ohio 823 (on the way back from South Dakota!). It's a nice scenic drive and I got to see places I've never seen before like Maysville, Kentucky, but it's not a very efficient way to get back and forth between Cincinnati and Portsmouth. Is there anything on the Kentucky side comparable to Ohio 32?

seicer:

--- Quote from: TempoNick on May 12, 2021, 02:58:36 PM ---I drove US 52 a couple of Christmases ago from Cincinnati to Portsmouth just to be able to take Ohio 823 (on the way back from South Dakota!). It's a nice scenic drive and I got to see places I've never seen before like Maysville, Kentucky, but it's not a very efficient way to get back and forth between Cincinnati and Portsmouth. Is there anything on the Kentucky side comparable to Ohio 32?
--- End quote ---

The AA Highway is a fast (55 MPH) corridor between Interstate 275 and US 23 at Lloyd and KY 1/7 at Grayson. Minimal traffic lights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version