Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Best Route: Cincinnati to Oak Brook, IL (Chicago west suburb)

<< < (5/5)

andy3175:

--- Quote from: Rick Powell on May 07, 2021, 12:18:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on May 07, 2021, 09:51:09 AM ---I like to promote usage of Will County highways because they are almost always maintained much better than IDOT roads in the area.  IDOT District 1 does a great job of snubbing the collar counties.

--- End quote ---
The mayor of Crete had IDOT study a potential connection of 109th directly to Exchange Street, and I think it was projected to carry well over 10,000 vehicles a day. The roads over that way are a real mish-mash across the state line, there's few good ways to get across, especially for trucks, and the two states haven't done much cross-state planning except for the now-shelved Illiana project. But your route is probably the best thru that area.

--- End quote ---
I grew up near here and often traveled into Indiana along Exchange and 101st. Of course, as a junior road enthusiast, I thought wouldn't it be cool to see US 231 extended from US 41 west to IL394 to provide a more direct, signed route into the south suburbs. If course, that is not to be. But the route along Exchange Street was a good ride then and likely still is today.

SM-G975U

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version