Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Symbolic county road letter designations in Wisconsin

<< < (14/14)

mrose:
Ah there it is. Kinda got lost in the shuffle between some of the arguing.

tolbs17:

--- Quote from: mrose on October 09, 2021, 01:10:29 AM ---Ah there it is. Kinda got lost in the shuffle between some of the arguing.

--- End quote ---
And that being said, this thread still has not been cleaned up...

dvferyance:

--- Quote from: SEWIGuy on October 08, 2021, 08:46:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: GeekJedi on October 07, 2021, 10:10:27 PM ---In Waukesha County, we have CTH-DR which runs along Delafield Road as part of it's route. The other interesting thing I've seen is decommissioned CTH routes keeping their name in some form or another. Here again in Waukesha County, we have "Road X", "Road DT", and "Town GE".

--- End quote ---

When I was a young child living in rural Waukesha County, both DT and GE were county highways.  That whole area is a lot more built up than it used to be, which is why they were likely demoted.

--- End quote ---
DT probably should again as it makes a nice alternative to the congested Waukesha west bypass. Same as the part of road X between 83 and E. It's a major enough route to justify being a county road.

SEWIGuy:

--- Quote from: dvferyance on October 11, 2021, 05:52:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: GeekJedi on October 07, 2021, 10:10:27 PM ---In Waukesha County, we have CTH-DR which runs along Delafield Road as part of it's route. The other interesting thing I've seen is decommissioned CTH routes keeping their name in some form or another. Here again in Waukesha County, we have "Road X", "Road DT", and "Town GE".

--- End quote ---

When I was a young child living in rural Waukesha County, both DT and GE were county highways.  That whole area is a lot more built up than it used to be, which is why they were likely demoted.

--- End quote ---
DT probably should again as it makes a nice alternative to the congested Waukesha west bypass. Same as the part of road X between 83 and E. It's a major enough route to justify being a county road.

--- End quote ---

Neither is built to a level to be a decent alternative.

dvferyance:

--- Quote from: SEWIGuy on October 13, 2021, 08:55:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: dvferyance on October 11, 2021, 05:52:25 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Neither is built to a level to be a decent alternative.

--- End quote ---
I use Road X all the time it's the best way to get to The Kettle Moraine area from the eastern part of the county. If it was once a county highway before I don't see why it couldn't work now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version