Illinois notes

<< < (400/406) > >>

inkyatari:

--- Quote from: hobsini2 on May 16, 2021, 03:07:48 PM ---

3. River Rd to I&M Canal - Resurfacing.

--- End quote ---

The whole damn thing needs to be rebuilt from the I&M up to Weber

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on May 17, 2021, 07:47:56 PM ---Here's my updated count for Illinois DDIs, including a quote to give credit for the additions where it's due.

Currently we have:
I-57 at Hill Ave. in Marion
IL-59 at I-88 in Naperville
I-90 at Elmhurst Road near Mt. Prospect

Under construction currently: I-55 at Weber Road by Bolingbrook

Coming soon:
I-80 at Houbolt Road in Joliet
I-55 at I-59* by Joliet.

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on May 13, 2021, 10:48:44 PM ---DDI's coming someday to IL:
* I-39 at US 20/Harrison Street
* I-74 at IL 5

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You forgot I-270 at IL 111.

And if this site is accurate, perhaps I-255 at Imbs Station Road

I-39:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on May 13, 2021, 10:48:44 PM ---DDI's coming someday to IL:

* I-39 at US 20/Harrison Street

--- End quote ---

Even by Illinois standards, I still canít believe they havenít started on the I-39/US 20 improvements in Rockford yet. Given how busy I-39 is as a bypass of Chicagoland, itís a pretty critical piece of infrastructure. Theyíve been talking about it for well over a decade and nothing has come of it.

edwaleni:
Sometime ago in this thread we had several posts about the idea of IDOT duplicating ISHTA efforts to use LED's for ramp lighting to save energy and cut costs.

In my recent use of I-72 between Champaign and Decatur and subsequently the use of US-51 from Decatur to Pana, I did notice that that district has started to put LED fixtures to good use.

Hopefully the email to consider it a couple years ago resonated well in IDOT brass or at least with the District leads.

Keep going Illinois! With your roads budgets separated now, every dollar saved here goes to better work in the future.

Rick Powell:

--- Quote from: edwaleni on June 21, 2021, 01:22:17 AM ---Sometime ago in this thread we had several posts about the idea of IDOT duplicating ISHTA efforts to use LED's for ramp lighting to save energy and cut costs.

In my recent use of I-72 between Champaign and Decatur and subsequently the use of US-51 from Decatur to Pana, I did notice that that district has started to put LED fixtures to good use.

Hopefully the email to consider it a couple years ago resonated well in IDOT brass or at least with the District leads.

Keep going Illinois! With your roads budgets separated now, every dollar saved here goes to better work in the future.

--- End quote ---

When I was at IDOT, around 2001 we spec'd LEDs for bridge navigation lights (the red and green clearance marker lights) on one of our projects, hoping to save on bulb changing costs. At the time they were fairly expensive, like $1,000 a unit. 20 years later, IDOT just opened up the IL 178 bridge in Utica (a project I was project manager for), and everything is LED, including the navigation lights, roadway lighting, and some decorative lights along a parallel pedestrian/bike trail.

Today LEDs are becoming the defacto standard elsewhere, including home lighting, and naturally the price came down as they began to be mass produced on today's scale. It was only a matter of time. Hopefully the suggestion was something they had considered, and looked at what ISTHA and the other states were doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version