Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois notes

<< < (404/420) > >>

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: Crash_It on July 29, 2021, 05:44:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: edwaleni on July 29, 2021, 10:27:53 AM ---This is not just an Illinois issue as I have seen it in other states.

Another issue, especially in more urban environments is the the driver wants to turn left at a nearby signal and so doesn't want to use the merge lane at all, so they stop and wait for at least 2 lanes to clear so they can cut across.

I can claim guilt on this characteristic as there are times where I delay my right turn because my destination is left at the next signal. And yes, periodically, I get honked at to move forward into traffic.

--- End quote ---

Problem with this is 9/10 there's another entrance into that location where one may need to turn left. For example, at the intersection in that video.. All one has to do is wait for the green signal and just continue straight then turn right onto the distributor road which takes them to everywhere they'd ever want to go. It is inconsiderate to other drivers and it's also illegal to be stopped when you aren't supposed to be stopped.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes (but not always) there is a J turn past the light where the left turn is desired. But naturally you can't see it from where you are. On the flip side, to avoid the hold up, I have merged, and found the next turn around was 2 miles down the road.

That means in those spots you have to accept turning right at the light and then turning around there to make complete your desired direction.

Doesn't make the hold up at the merge right, just goes to show why some people do hold up traffic on those merges.

storm2k:

A nice picture of the Circle taken from the observation deck of the Sears Tower by me last weekend.

(and yes, I chose my words here very specifically)

Jericho That:

--- Quote from: storm2k on July 30, 2021, 06:06:35 PM ---

A nice picture of the Circle taken from the observation deck of the Sears Tower by me last weekend.

(and yes, I chose my words here very specifically)

--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean the Jane Bryne interchange, as IDOT had it on an I-290 dynamic message sign yesterday.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: storm2k on July 30, 2021, 06:06:35 PM ---Sears Tower

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jericho That on August 02, 2021, 10:36:44 AM ---Jane Bryne interchange

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Jericho That on August 02, 2021, 10:36:44 AM ---dynamic message sign

--- End quote ---

you guys are killing me

The Ghostbuster:
The Sears Tower was renamed The Willis Tower in 2009. Do try to keep up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version