Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois notes

<< < (409/427) > >>

abefroman329:

--- Quote from: edwaleni on August 05, 2021, 02:51:02 PM ---Can one drive a road named after Budweiser? ("For all you do, this drive is for you") The Amazon Tollway?  Walgreens Memorial Tollroad? (S/B called "Sears Memorial since they are dead and Walgreens isn't)
--- End quote ---

When they were still trying to get the Outer Perimeter built in GA, selling the naming rights and/or allowing the company sponsoring it to plaster ads all along the road was one of the ideas for funding it.

3467:
It's getting fictional but I would bring back US 32 and run it downtown again.
I have more gripes about interstates. Chicago area 255 and especially Quad Cities.

JoePCool14:

--- Quote from: US20IL64 on September 15, 2021, 02:42:22 PM ---There's 'renumbering' threads for US and I's how about IL state highways?
My wish list:

1. Give Randall/Orchard Rd an IL state #.
2. Reinstate IL-32 for the north/south IL-137.
3. Move US-41 off of Foster Av, to replace US-14 easternmost section past Peterson/Lincoln. Truncate US-14 at 'new' 41. Foster is just too narrow for a US highway, and has stop signs to boot!
4. Re-route IL-56 from eastern section of Butterfield Rd. to 22nd St/Cermak Rd. to Harlem/43 or Manheim/12-20-45.
5. Give Pulaski/Crawford a state #, at least south of I-55.
6. Name US-14 'NW Highway' past Crystal Lake to WI, instead of ending at Virginia St. Try to do same with other routes with commonly known street names: North Av, Milwaukee Av, Lake St, Ogden Av. [Within Chicago CSMA]

Just my 'dream'.  :sleep:

One was granted, IL-171 extended to I-90,  :D

--- End quote ---

I think I'd prefer Randall Rd to remain in county control. They do a better job than the state could on improving the road.

I do like the idea of IL-32 existing. Illinois can piggy-back off of the famous WI-32.

US20IL64:
Well, you are correct about Co. vs. State. So, take back.
Example is 4/5 lane Peterson Rd. in Lake Co. versus 2 lane "to be decided" IL 120 section in Grayslake.

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: US20IL64 on September 15, 2021, 02:42:22 PM ---There's 'renumbering' threads for US and I's how about IL state highways?
My wish list:

1. Give Randall/Orchard Rd an IL state #.
2. Reinstate IL-32 for the north/south IL-137.
3. Move US-41 off of Foster Av, to replace US-14 easternmost section past Peterson/Lincoln. Truncate US-14 at 'new' 41. Foster is just too narrow for a US highway, and has stop signs to boot!
4. Re-route IL-56 from eastern section of Butterfield Rd. to 22nd St/Cermak Rd. to Harlem/43 or Manheim/12-20-45.
5. Give Pulaski/Crawford a state #, at least south of I-55.
6. Name US-14 'NW Highway' past Crystal Lake to WI, instead of ending at Virginia St. Try to do same with other routes with commonly known street names: North Av, Milwaukee Av, Lake St, Ogden Av. [Within Chicago CSMA]

--- End quote ---

Responses to a few of these ideas, though this is more 'fictional highways' content:

1. I used to call Randall/Orchard "IL85." My renumbering plans don't include anything for Randall/Orchard nowadays.
2. I think the north-south section of IL-137 should have a designation that's separate from the east-west section, but I extend that north-south designation south toward Evanston and Chicago. The east-west designation could be an eastward extension of IL-134.
4. I like the idea of extending IL-56 east along Cermak/22nd. I also like the idea of restoring IL-38 farther east along Roosevelt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version