Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois notes

<< < (412/415) > >>

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on September 19, 2021, 11:17:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Crash_It on September 18, 2021, 03:37:00 AM ---The state roads through the Western suburbs are pretty good.
--- End quote ---

Strongly disagree:

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Chicago suburbs.  The county roads and municipal arterials are almost always better alternatives than the heinously neglected state roads.

Hobart:

--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on September 20, 2021, 11:58:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Crash_It on September 18, 2021, 03:37:00 AM ---The state roads through the Western suburbs are pretty good.
--- End quote ---

Strongly disagree:

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Chicago suburbs.  The county roads and municipal arterials are almost always better alternatives than the heinously neglected state roads.

--- End quote ---

I would like to say, as someone in the south suburbs in Cook County, the Cook County roads are just as terrible as the state ones. Every other county in Chicagoland you make a great point, but between the city and the Will County line, everything's equally bad.

US20IL64:
NW Cook seem to be better than West Cook, in that they are wide with turning lanes.
Seems like a different County in general. "Woodfield Co."

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: Hobart on September 20, 2021, 03:22:17 PM ---I would like to say, as someone in the south suburbs in Cook County, the Cook County roads are just as terrible as the state ones. Every other county in Chicagoland you make a great point, but between the city and the Will County line, everything's equally bad.

--- End quote ---

Point taken.  Anything is better than CDOT.  I think my thought applies mostly to the outer suburbs, or "exurbs."

--- Quote from: US20IL64 on September 20, 2021, 04:24:51 PM ---Seems like a different County in general. "Woodfield Co."

--- End quote ---

Lol, Woodfield County.  I like that.

Crash_It:

--- Quote from: Hobart on September 20, 2021, 03:22:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on September 20, 2021, 11:58:08 AM ---
--- End quote ---

Strongly disagree:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I would like to say, as someone in the south suburbs in Cook County, the Cook County roads are just as terrible as the state ones. Every other county in Chicagoland you make a great point, but between the city and the Will County line, everything's equally bad.

--- End quote ---

What state roads in So Cook are in terrible shape? 1 just got resurfaced, 83 is in good shape as is 50, 43 and 394 is currently being resurfaced

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version