Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois notes

<< < (415/427) > >>

ilpt4u:
D9 IDOT did the SoIL Stoplights a few months ago with the Yellow borders added to the backplates, most places Iíve noticed, anyway. Iíll keep my eyes peeled if there are stragglers

Local jurisdiction signals generally have not yet adopted the Yellow backplate borders, yet anyway

I feel like the Springfield IDOT District has been using the Yellow borders on the backplates for years, fwiw

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on October 15, 2021, 07:34:05 PM ---Local jurisdiction signals generally have not yet adopted the Yellow backplate borders, yet anyway
--- End quote ---

Depends on the jurisdiction.  Given all the recent signal replacement projects Kane County may now have more reflective than non-reflective backplates on county-jurisdiction roads.  Kane County also seems to be using them for almost all recent signal projects.

EDIT:  McHenry County may also be trending towards more frequent use of the retroreflective backplates.  They used them on the Randall Road rebuild.  Might see a lot more if the rumored flashing yellow arrow projects come through.  Though with the Illinois Standard Specs making retroreflective backplates default, it is likely the retroreflective backplates will spread among local signals.

US20IL64:
There are now flashing yellow left-turn signals on Randall Rd, in Batavia/Geneva. And in Yorkville area.

Revive 755:
IDOT has posted the Type Size and Location plans on their website for replacing I-270 over the Mississippi River: 
EB Bridge
WB Bridge

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on October 16, 2021, 12:54:12 PM ---IDOT has posted the Type Size and Location plans on their website for replacing I-270 over the Mississippi River: 
EB Bridge
WB Bridge

--- End quote ---

I remember when the original opened after all the lawsuits. All the traffic was diverted at Old Chain of Rocks (former Bypass US-40) west of Alton Road.

At least this one will have shoulders. While it reduces the overall count of pylons, not really an issue since boats can't navigate through here, the design is typical design/build generic with 2 longer spans to eliminate the mentioned pylons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version