Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois notes

<< < (426/432) > >>

skluth:

--- Quote from: edwaleni on December 30, 2021, 11:13:13 PM ---And that in a nutshell is why Walter is loved by Chicagoans far and wide. He won't be sainted or made a deity or anything like that (though the Fox Sports NFL robot is aptly numbered #34 in his honor.)

--- End quote ---
Just putting in that he's pretty loved outside of Chicago by a lot of football fans. I was born and raised in Green Bay and he's probably the one Chicago Bear for whom almost all Packers fans respect and honor. I couldn't stand that SB team but I was happy Payton got his ring.

The Ghostbuster:
Can anyone find any "Walter Payton Memorial Highway" signage along US 34 anywhere within the state of Illinois?

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on December 31, 2021, 09:16:40 PM ---Can anyone find any "Walter Payton Memorial Highway" signage along US 34 anywhere within the state of Illinois?

--- End quote ---

It's an official overlay address in Kendall County now.

https://www.compass.com/listing/12474-walter-payton-memorial-highway-plano-il-60545/822669161417711361/

NWI_Irish96:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on December 31, 2021, 09:16:40 PM ---Can anyone find any "Walter Payton Memorial Highway" signage along US 34 anywhere within the state of Illinois?

--- End quote ---

In the last year I've driven all of US 34 east of the western junction with US 6 and I don't remember seeing any signs.

Hobart:
Alrighty so this probably doesn't deserve its own thread so I'm asking here.

I noticed every IDOT district in the state besides District 1 uses backplates on their pedestal mounted signals. District 1 (Chicagoland), as far as I know, is the only district that consistently doesn't.

I know IDOT District 1 likes to do things a bit differently, but is there a reason why they don't put backplates onto pedestal mounted signals? I think having backplates increases visibility, and allows District 1 to put retroreflective tape onto the edges of pedestal mounted signals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version