Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Indiana Notes

<< < (452/464) > >>

silverback1065:

--- Quote from: evvroads on September 02, 2021, 02:43:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: silverback1065 on September 01, 2021, 03:37:07 PM ---I-67 is apparently actually being taken seriously by INDOT and has its own website: https://midstatescorridor.com/

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say I-67 is being taken seriously by INDOT at all. Certainly, they are taking at least semi-seriously some sort of route improvement along the US 231 corridor, but from what I understand, most (all?) of the funding for the Tier 1 EIS is being provided by this "Mid States Corridor Regional Development Authority" and not INDOT. I don't think this project would even be on INDOTs radar if not for this group. If you look at the maps on that website, you'll notice the options for route improvements range from freeway to a super 2. There is zero need for a freeway connection in that area. I think the absolute best anyone in that area can hope for is 1) maybe upgrading US 231 to an expressway (with bypasses of Huntingburg and Jasper) between I-64 and Jasper to match the portion south of I-64 and 2) upgrading US 231 to a super 2 between Jasper and I-69.

I'm (obviously) in Evansville, I have family in Spencer County, and several friends in Dubois County, so it's not like I'm one of those naysayers that think even I-69 was unnecessary. But the idea that INDOT would build a new interstate only 15-20 miles east of the least traveled portion of interstate in the state is laughable to anyone living in reality.

--- End quote ---

you make a good point  :-D

I-55:

--- Quote from: silverback1065 on September 02, 2021, 10:03:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: evvroads on September 02, 2021, 02:43:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: silverback1065 on September 01, 2021, 03:37:07 PM ---I-67 is apparently actually being taken seriously by INDOT and has its own website: https://midstatescorridor.com/

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say I-67 is being taken seriously by INDOT at all. Certainly, they are taking at least semi-seriously some sort of route improvement along the US 231 corridor, but from what I understand, most (all?) of the funding for the Tier 1 EIS is being provided by this "Mid States Corridor Regional Development Authority" and not INDOT. I don't think this project would even be on INDOTs radar if not for this group. If you look at the maps on that website, you'll notice the options for route improvements range from freeway to a super 2. There is zero need for a freeway connection in that area. I think the absolute best anyone in that area can hope for is 1) maybe upgrading US 231 to an expressway (with bypasses of Huntingburg and Jasper) between I-64 and Jasper to match the portion south of I-64 and 2) upgrading US 231 to a super 2 between Jasper and I-69.

I'm (obviously) in Evansville, I have family in Spencer County, and several friends in Dubois County, so it's not like I'm one of those naysayers that think even I-69 was unnecessary. But the idea that INDOT would build a new interstate only 15-20 miles east of the least traveled portion of interstate in the state is laughable to anyone living in reality.

--- End quote ---

you make a good point  :-D

--- End quote ---

It's also worth noting that there have been several proposed iterations for I-67. Some proposals included the segment south of Indianapolis, most included the portion north of Indy, and some included both. I would assume that there is more interest in I-67 over US-31 than US-231.

kennyshark64:
Quick question about the Indiana Toll Road (specifically at Exit 121/Howe).  Google Maps says the toll booth is "temporarily closed."  However, directions on Google Maps from Howe to South Bend does include the ITR.  Does anybody know the true status of this toll gate?  Thanks.

cabiness42:

--- Quote from: kennyshark64 on September 13, 2021, 01:27:03 PM ---Quick question about the Indiana Toll Road (specifically at Exit 121/Howe).  Google Maps says the toll booth is "temporarily closed."  However, directions on Google Maps from Howe to South Bend does include the ITR.  Does anybody know the true status of this toll gate?  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Some of the toll booths are no longer manned and require EZ Pass or credit card payment, but I don't think any interchanges are actually closed.

kennyshark64:

--- Quote from: cabiness42 on September 13, 2021, 01:37:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: kennyshark64 on September 13, 2021, 01:27:03 PM ---Quick question about the Indiana Toll Road (specifically at Exit 121/Howe).  Google Maps says the toll booth is "temporarily closed."  However, directions on Google Maps from Howe to South Bend does include the ITR.  Does anybody know the true status of this toll gate?  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Some of the toll booths are no longer manned and require EZ Pass or credit card payment, but I don't think any interchanges are actually closed.

--- End quote ---

Not an issue.  I'm afraid my EZ Pass is quite operational.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version