Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

<< < (53/62) > >>

hobsini2:

--- Quote from: I-39 on March 30, 2021, 10:24:24 PM ---Does anyone know what the status is on the Bliss Road and Bunker Road realignments in Kane County? I thought those might go to bid this year.

--- End quote ---

I did see something on this not too long ago. According to the Kane County DOT website, Bunker Rd is going to go under the IP tracks before swinging over to La Fox Rd and be the thru road.
http://kdot.countyofkane.org/Shared%20Documents/BunkerRoadExtension/BunkerRdExtensionLocationMap.pdf

I have not seen a timetable on it though.

I-39:

--- Quote from: hobsini2 on April 04, 2021, 06:53:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: I-39 on March 30, 2021, 10:24:24 PM ---Does anyone know what the status is on the Bliss Road and Bunker Road realignments in Kane County? I thought those might go to bid this year.

--- End quote ---

I did see something on this not too long ago. According to the Kane County DOT website, Bunker Rd is going to go under the IP tracks before swinging over to La Fox Rd and be the thru road.
http://kdot.countyofkane.org/Shared%20Documents/BunkerRoadExtension/BunkerRdExtensionLocationMap.pdf

I have not seen a timetable on it though.

--- End quote ---

I just wonder how much longer since they’ve been talking about these projects for almost two decades.

Revive 755:
List of projects for the June 11, 2021 Letting is up

Some of the more noteworthy projects:

* Item 2:  Guardrail work and retroreflective signal backplates (going off the pay item listing) on US 20 from IL 47 to Ontarioville Road (just west of IL 390).

* Item 54 has a typo of "I-57" for what should be IL 57

* Item 89:  Wireless interconnect and traffic signal work on 143rd in Orland Park from US 45 to Wolf Road.

* Item 106 (already deleted) would have replaced the Waldron Road/Maple Street overpass over I-57 in Kankakee along with a few other improvements.

* Item 154 involves a new traffic signal and intersection improvements with realignment for IL 176 at Nish Road.

* Item 155 has deck replacement for I-55 at IL 53 and superstructure replacement for I-55 at Joliet Road in Bolingbrook.

* Item 158 has expansion joint replacement and other bridge work for I-55 over the Kankakee River (doesn't seem like it has been that long since those bridges were last worked on).

* Item 187 constructs Restricted Crossing U-Turn intersections for IL 13/IL 127 at Ava Road and for IL 13/IL 127 at Grange Hall Road.

* Item 188 constructs a Restricted Crossing U-Turn intersection for IL 13 at Carrier Mills Road west of Harrisburg

* Item 206:  Bridge replacement for I-55 at Lemont Road

* Item 217 reconstructs the Laraway Road intersection with Cedar Road in New Lenox

* Item 219 is reconstruction of Business 20 from Day Avenue to Independence Avenue in Rockford

* Item 221 would appear to be a contract for redoing the I-57/I-74 interchange

* Item 227:  "0.8 miles of Bureau of Research test pavement alongside US 50 from Crackerneck Road to Russland Road" near Aviston in Clinton County.

Crash_It:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on May 07, 2021, 11:43:55 PM ---List of projects for the June 11, 2021 Letting is up

Some of the more noteworthy projects:

* Item 2:  Guardrail work and retroreflective signal backplates (going off the pay item listing) on US 20 from IL 47 to Ontarioville Road (just west of IL 390).

* Item 54 has a typo of "I-57" for what should be IL 57

* Item 89:  Wireless interconnect and traffic signal work on 143rd in Orland Park from US 45 to Wolf Road.

* Item 106 (already deleted) would have replaced the Waldron Road/Maple Street overpass over I-57 in Kankakee along with a few other improvements.

* Item 154 involves a new traffic signal and intersection improvements with realignment for IL 176 at Nish Road.

* Item 155 has deck replacement for I-55 at IL 53 and superstructure replacement for I-55 at Joliet Road in Bolingbrook.

* Item 158 has expansion joint replacement and other bridge work for I-55 over the Kankakee River (doesn't seem like it has been that long since those bridges were last worked on).

* Item 187 constructs Restricted Crossing U-Turn intersections for IL 13/IL 127 at Ava Road and for IL 13/IL 127 at Grange Hall Road.

* Item 188 constructs a Restricted Crossing U-Turn intersection for IL 13 at Carrier Mills Road west of Harrisburg

* Item 206:  Bridge replacement for I-55 at Lemont Road

* Item 217 reconstructs the Laraway Road intersection with Cedar Road in New Lenox

* Item 219 is reconstruction of Business 20 from Day Avenue to Independence Avenue in Rockford

* Item 221 would appear to be a contract for redoing the I-57/I-74 interchange

* Item 227:  "0.8 miles of Bureau of Research test pavement alongside US 50 from Crackerneck Road to Russland Road" near Aviston in Clinton County.

--- End quote ---

I wonder why they are choosing to resurface the stretch of IL137 from state line to the amstutz this year rather than the stretch from the  amstutz to US41 as that stretch is probably the worst conditioned pavement in the entire district.

ET21:
Item 206: Is that just the bridge or an interchange fix?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version