Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

<< < (56/62) > >>

Brandon:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on June 25, 2021, 10:02:13 PM ---List of projects for the July 30, 2021 Letting is up

* Item 12 adds a new traffic signal to IL 126 at the Will County/Kendall County line.

--- End quote ---

That's only been needed for decades at what is a very dangerous intersection.

ilpt4u:

--- Quote from: Rick Powell on June 26, 2021, 10:13:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: ilpt4u on June 26, 2021, 04:13:49 AM ---Maybe I-57 really will ultimately become a 6-lane Freeway between I-24 and I-64

--- End quote ---
With this project and the others mentioned here, the only remaining 6-lane gap in that section will be south of Marion to I-24.

https://news.wsiu.org/transportation/2020-10-01/idot-plans-lots-of-work-on-i-57-in-southern-illinois

--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure the gap between the Marion Main St/Old IL 13 exit and the I-24/I-57 split will get the 6 landing once the route has it north to Mt Vernon

Yes, traffic exits in Marion for the IL 13 corridor, but pretty sure the bulk of the traffic, especially truck traffic, is following the 57 SW-NE route (Memphis-Chicago) or the 24/64 SE-NW route (Nashville-St Louis), and those two routes are multiplexed, despite only the 57 designation between Marion and Mt Vernon, hence the 6 laning needed. It is pretty heavy semi traffic on the weekdays

Still no I-80 Will County level of semis - can't believe that isn't getting a bigger rebuild and expansion than it is

JoePCool14:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on June 25, 2021, 10:02:13 PM ---* Item 6 installs a new traffic signal on IL 60 somewhere near Wauconda.

--- End quote ---

I have a feeling this is for a new traffic light at IL-60's intersection with Wilson Road, something that indeed is probably needed.

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: Brandon on June 26, 2021, 08:26:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Revive 755 on June 25, 2021, 10:02:13 PM ---List of projects for the July 30, 2021 Letting is up

* Item 12 adds a new traffic signal to IL 126 at the Will County/Kendall County line.

--- End quote ---

That's only been needed for decades at what is a very dangerous intersection.

--- End quote ---

Jesus fucking Christ it absolutely has been.  Google routes people north on County Line to IL-126 west all the time because it doesn't like the new S-curve on Ridge Road taking people back northeast, but making that left turn onto IL-126 west is impossible and horrifically dangerous.

Revive 755:
List of projects for the September 17, 2021 Letting is up.

* Item 3 involves the installation of left turn lanes and other safety improvements along IL 176 in McHenry County between Deerpass Road and Dean Street.

* Item 4 has improvements to the US 14/"Prospect Road" intersection in Mount Prospect and Des Plaines.

* Item 6:  More intersection improvements for the IL 19 intersection with Barrington Road

* Item 7:  Pavement and ITS work on SB I-55 from south of Weber to south of I-80

* Item 8:  Pavement and ITS work on NB I-55 from south of I-80 to south of Weber

* Item 12:  "Installation of traffic signal safety devices to increase visibility of signal indications during inclement weather. Location - 23 intersections in Cook, 4 locations in Lake, 35 locations in Kane, 4 locations in McHenry, 23 locations in Will."  Pay item listings has lens covers and visor heaters

* Item 15:  Sign replacement along I-55 from Weber to I-294

* Item 17 mentions a road diet for US 20 in East Dubuque

* Item 52:  "Conversion of the wye intersection of IL 149 and IL 184 to a roundabout intersection" in Franklin County.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version