News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highways that can only be driven in one travel direction

Started by Max Rockatansky, November 20, 2022, 10:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therocket

HI 5600 (Kaua'i) from HI 56 to HI 581 in Kapa'a can only be driven southwestbound.

roadman65

NY 324, as I stated in another thread, can't be done EB coming off the South Grand Island Bridge, so along Grand Island Blvd in Tonawanda it's only drivable WB only.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Quote from: roadman65 on November 28, 2022, 05:04:45 PM
NY 324, as I stated in another thread, can't be done EB coming off the South Grand Island Bridge, so along Grand Island Blvd in Tonawanda it's only drivable WB only.
This was shown to be a false assertion given the actual route of NY 324 in that thread.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Road Hog

AR 180 used to form a loop around the old Mount Sequoyah Methodist retreat in Fayetteville, but I don't recall if it was one way or not. The road was decommissioned in the 1990s and turned over to the city.

jakeroot

Quote from: mgk920 on November 26, 2022, 01:51:14 PM
Also, there is a similar central loop somewhere in Japan.

Little bit of a bump. Nagoya and Osaka both have one-way expressways around their central core.

kinupanda

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 20, 2022, 11:20:54 AM
I-878 in New York, perhaps? I think that unposted route number only applies eastbound.

There actually isn't any westbound side at all. The lanes are only eastbound, not just the defunct state route #.

US 89

kphoger

Quote from: US 89 on January 11, 2023, 07:39:14 PM
Georgia 85 can only be clinched southbound because there is no northbound ramp to I-75/285.

Disqualifying a clinch because someone did a U-turn there seems a bit over-the-top pedantic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jt4

Ohio hidden State Route 315C is only designated westbound. It runs from the I-670 ramp to Goodale Ave to the Olentangy River Rd ramp to OH-315.

https://www.dot.state.oh.us/TechnicalServices/SLD/SFRASR00315C.pdf

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.