News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Wrong-way ramp video

Started by Mr. Matté, May 23, 2012, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matté

Many moons ago, I remember seeing some Youtube video where a ramp (in some foreign country, southeastern Asia seems to ring a bell in my mind) was constructed in such a way that traffic coming onto the highway is immediately facing the wrong direction on the highway. Don't know how to explain that in words too well so below is a diagram of what I remember:

The video showed cars speeding down this ramp and as soon as they were facing the wrong way on the highway, they were all screeching to a stop, backing up, going off the road, etc.

Does anyone else remember this video and remember where it was or if it was a fake?

english si

NE2

Icame, Isaw, Ifailed to conquer, Iran
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Mr. Matté

Much thanks! Here's the video in question:

NE2

If I'm not mistaken, this is here: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=37.018967,49.614902&spn=0.007624,0.016512&gl=us&t=k&z=17 My guess is a construction contractor fucked up and set up the temporary barriers incorrectly, since you can see the correct ramp on the other side of the barrier (starting at 2:30).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.