News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Missouri

Started by Revive 755, April 22, 2009, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: kernals12 on May 20, 2024, 07:35:03 PMMissouri really needs to clamp down on outdoor advertising. I-70 is just one billboard after another.
There is a few spots on I 40 in New Mexico that are just littered with billboards. I'm talking one every 7 to 800 feet. The worst area is Cline's corner.

Rothman

Quote from: kernals12 on May 20, 2024, 07:35:03 PMMissouri really needs to clamp down on outdoor advertising. I-70 is just one billboard after another.

Pfft.  No.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Rothman on May 20, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

Pfft.  No.
Though I haven't been to Europe, One thing that stands out to me in particular along Europe's motorways of which they have a very vast system that seems to be equal to the United States' Is their rural freeways Seem to be surrounded by very picturesque land and scenery. I've noticed in a lot of the states there's abandoned houses, Buildings, And just straight up aesthetically unpleasing circumstances.

Rothman

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 20, 2024, 08:26:51 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 20, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

Pfft.  No.
Though I haven't been to Europe, One thing that stands out to me in particular along Europe's motorways of which they have a very vast system that seems to be equal to the United States' Is their rural freeways Seem to be surrounded by very picturesque land and scenery. I've noticed in a lot of the states there's abandoned houses, Buildings, And just straight up aesthetically unpleasing circumstances.

Amazing what happens if your country has a halfway decent social safety net.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

mrose

Do they still have 1,000 billboards for Meramec Caverns on I-44?

My favorite one was when you passed the exit and there was another billboard that said "You Missed It!"

ozarkman417

Quote from: mrose on May 26, 2024, 04:41:13 PMDo they still have 1,000 billboards for Meramec Caverns on I-44?

My favorite one was when you passed the exit and there was another billboard that said "You Missed It!"

Yeah.. and in addition to them, I-44 now has more than enough billboards advertising the new Buc-ee's in Springfield.
On family road trips up to St Louis, we'd try to count how many Meramec Caverns billboards we could each spot. I think we counted around 80 (between SGF and STL)?

ozarkman417

Not sure if this sign will remain a unique piece or if I should expect to see more of these new welcome signs. Spotted on US 65 N near Ridgedale MO.

Plutonic Panda

The first of the Improve I-70 project has broken ground: https://www.modot.org/node/49263

Stephane Dumas

I saw the future ramp from US-63 northbound to I-70 westbound is a left exit.
https://www.modot.org/sites/default/files/documents/I-70%20and%2063%20Projection_1.pdf
Nothing against that but was it a way for MODOT to avoid acquiring and buying additional ROW from the gas station and the Ramada Hotel? 

mvak36

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article289596088.html

QuoteDrivers are warned to avoid Route 291 in Independence after reports that the mine underneath the highway has partially collapsed. Route 291 is built atop a mine and it developed a new crack on Thursday, according to the Missouri Department of Transportation. The highway closed at 5 p.m. and will be closed until further notice, according to MoDOT. Local traffic will not be blocked at the state highway and Salisbury Road. Drivers on Route 291 can still exit northbound at Truman Road and southbound at U.S. 24. Additional work zones are expected to pop up along the highway as the mine crack, and subsequent roadway cracking, is evaluated.

Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

splashflash

I-44 Gets $577.5M and US 67 South of Poplar Bluff Appears to Get $60M (or is it $150M?)

The latest in the budget points to $577.5 million for I-44 expansion work from St. Louis to Joplin. This was what remained after Governor "Parson's vetoes include $150 million from the general revenue fund to be transferred to the I-44 improvement fund."

https://sbj.net/stories/parson-signs-505b-budget-with-i-44-funding-included,95810

I read through the vetoes and didn't see any vetoing of the sizeable earmark for US 67 / Future I-57 widening south of Poplar Bluff to the Arkansas border.  $2M Hannibal Bypass funding and $2.5M US 36 / I-72 studies were axed.  $10M was axed from US 65 Buffalo to Warsaw widening, but that would leave $38M for the highway, according to the article below listing the earmark as $48M.

A recent news article states the Butler County US 67 earmark was actually $150M: https://missouriindependent.com/2024/06/27/state-budget-loaded-with-earmarks-nears-deadline-for-action-by-missouri-gov-mike-parson/.
"The largest example in this year's budget is $727.5 million from general revenue and borrowed funds for improvements along Interstate 44 in southwest Missouri. The earmark was inserted by House Budget Committee Chairman Cody Smith, a Republican who represents Jasper County and is a candidate for state treasurer.

"Other big road items include $150 million to widen U.S. Highway 67 through Butler County and $48 million for work on U.S. 65 between Buffalo and Warsaw.  A previous article in the St. Louis Post in a post above stated $60M, but maybe that was the House bill and the Senate version significantly beefed it up.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.