AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 500161 times)

architect77

• Last Login: September 20, 2021, 10:49:27 PM
Re: Georgia
« Reply #1725 on: September 14, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »

Spaghetti Junction is an elegant work of art. If they would clean or paint the concrete sides of each flyover to get rid of the dark algae stains, it would really stand out against the green background of trees.

But look at the voice of our state as you approach the most special interchange in the Southeast, and possibly on the entire East coast due to its perfect symmetrical properties. I mean could it get any worse than the lettering on these signs cascading downward with no baseline alignment on any of them? I hope these are replaced when the Express Lanes are built, but still 7 years of this disgrace is a blight on the state.

6 by Stephen Edwards, on Flickr

Tomahawkin

• Last Login: Today at 12:50:28 AM
« Reply #1726 on: September 14, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »

Word is that the P.I.B. interchange with 285 will be improved (the ramp from 285W to P.I.B north) within the next 4 years. This is badly needed because the 5mph speeds at that ramp in the afternoons causes accidents. This was 15 years overdue

Tom958

• Last Login: September 20, 2021, 05:48:15 AM
« Reply #1727 on: September 18, 2021, 06:04:15 PM »

Word is that the P.I.B. interchange with 285 will be improved (the ramp from 285W to P.I.B north) within the next 4 years. This is badly needed because the 35mph speeds at that ramp in the afternoons causes accidents. This was 15 years overdue

That ramp is a veritable golden shower of warning signs.

The scheme for that involves moving the offramp upstream to create a single exit for both northbound and southbound PIB. The weave from Buford Highway is already too short, especially since Buford Highway traffic has to merge into a lane that gets dropped a short distance downstream.

The real impetus for that project is GDOT's desire to build a ramp braid for the PIB onramp and the North Shallowford et al offramp, which requires moving the offramp to southbound PIB upstream.

architect77

• Last Login: September 20, 2021, 10:49:27 PM
« Reply #1728 on: September 19, 2021, 01:25:25 PM »

Word is that the P.I.B. interchange with 285 will be improved (the ramp from 285W to P.I.B north) within the next 4 years. This is badly needed because the 35mph speeds at that ramp in the afternoons causes accidents. This was 15 years overdue

That ramp is a veritable golden shower of warning signs.

The scheme for that involves moving the offramp upstream to create a single exit for both northbound and southbound PIB. The weave from Buford Highway is already too short, especially since Buford Highway traffic has to merge into a lane that gets dropped a short distance downstream.

The real impetus for that project is GDOT's desire to build a ramp braid for the PIB onramp and the North Shallowford et al offramp, which requires moving the offramp to southbound PIB upstream.

Maybe then as they do this project they can replace the PIB access road overheads. Some are halfway broken off, others unreadable from 25 years under the elements. I drove up PIB Northward a few months ago and it had just been repaved for a long stretch. How they could keep old, antiquated overheads that are barely readable up that highway is beyond me..

The GDOT office for the division that covers that area is near the Walmart. But at 285 the West 285 and East tiny Shield signs ( the only guide get drivers to their intended direction) is 30 years old, faded and looks like crap. And there should be huge overheads with guidance for this major junction with an all important loop.

Fixed quote. - rmf67
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:41:53 PM by rickmastfan67 »

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.