News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New US66 Game on Kickstarter

Started by JayhawkCO, August 18, 2021, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Firstly, I have no financial interest in this.

But there is a new game called Route 66: The Mother Road that's on Kickstarter right now.  I'm a board game nerd and have backed a good amount of projects lately, but I figured I would share this one with the group in case anyone were interested.

Link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaglegryphon/route-66-the-mother-road-sid-sackson-americas-main-street?ref=bgggamepage

Chris

SkyPesos

I know US 66 is the Mother Road, but when did it start being called America's Main Street? I thought that title was for US 40.

Max Rockatansky

I sent the link to my wife, she is a board game nerd and loved stuff like this. 

So if US Route 99 was made into a board game would it include stuff like a race to claim internet superiority over coverage of the Old Ridge Route?  Try knocking your fellow players out by making copyright claims on Facebook whenever someone shares an image of the Old Ridge Route you took once.

Henry

Oh, what I wouldn't give to play a game like this and wonder why it never existed when I was a kid...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Henry on August 19, 2021, 10:29:25 AM
Oh, what I wouldn't give to play a game like this and wonder why it never existed when I was a kid...

You don't have to be a kid to play games.  I have a weekly board game group night and I'm smack dab in the middle as far as age of attendees.

Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.