Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Fix 50 Project(CA-50/I-80 Business DT Sacramento)

<< < (2/3) > >>

jrouse:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 07, 2021, 06:19:49 PM ---^^^ I know there is another thread for this but is the Capital City project still on track to begin in 2023?

--- End quote ---

That is still the schedule but those dates are always subject to change depending on the availability of funding.

bing101:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 07, 2021, 04:57:54 PM ---This project will completely reconstruct the freeway and add HOV lanes from I-5 to Folsom BLVD. Lots of needed projects about to be underway in the area.

Project website: https://www.fix50.com/

Update from Construction Equipment Guide:

--- Quote --- Overseen by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), the $480 million Fix50 project will see a long-awaited upgrade of the busy section of Highway 50, a key corridor in mid-town and East Sacramento (Sacramento County), with the addition of high-occupancy vehicle lanes; widening of 12 bridges; and newly-built retaining walls.

"This is one of the largest projects in the Sacramento region, one of the largest projects we've seen in a very long time," said Angela DaPrato, public information officer of Caltrans District 3.
--- End quote ---

- https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/flatiron-embarks-on-one-of-californias-largest-projects/54019

--- End quote ---
I know what you mean US-50 and I-305 project.

bing101:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on October 07, 2021, 08:56:34 PM ---"SR 80" shield for BR 80 on the map, groan.  :ded:

--- End quote ---
CA-51 most likely.

Bickendan:

--- Quote from: ClassicHasClass on October 07, 2021, 08:56:34 PM ---"SR 80" shield for BR 80 on the map, groan.  :ded:

--- End quote ---
It's an improvement.

gonealookin:
It's a little frustrating that fairly extensive work was done on the W-X Freeway segment just a few years ago, and now it looks like some of that work is being torn up as part of the current project.  Reno has something similar going on with I-580/US 395 as there was a big widening project a few years back between I-80 and the airport and now it's under construction again as part of the Spaghetti Bowl work.

The physical barrier between eastbound lanes is unusual.  Not unheard of in California as the Caldecott Tunnel has had that for decades.  I did make a point of driving the eastbound "express lanes" last time I went through a couple weeks ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version