News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Realigning UT-30 through Logan

Started by Rover_0, September 01, 2011, 06:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

I don't know if any of you have kept up with proposed projects around Utah, but there's discussion about a local project that could come up soon: Realigning UT-30 from its current 200 North alignment to 400 North, thus matching up with the US-89/91 split at Logan's Main St. and 400 North. Out of the city, UT-30 would be built in a way that returns it to its current alignment.
The benefit of realigning UT-30 is to simplify the US-89/91/UT-30* junctions from the two into one, as currently, there are 2 blocks of difference between the US-89/91 split (at 400 North) and the US-89/91/UT-30 split (at 200 North).

The neighborhood of 400 North west of Main St. are the main opposers to the project, while an email from Vic Saunders (a local UDOT employee) said that studies will continue once local politicians can find "greater agreement on their long term goals for this corridor."

I think that something will happen in a few years. This article explains more, and Vic Saunders mentions a "big super freeway" as an alternative. My bet is if a freeway is involved, it retains the UT-30 designation, as many of these newer freeways have been state routes, but there's a chance that an I-x15 could follow UT-30 into the Cache Valley.

What are your thoughts on realigning UT-30 onto 400 North?
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.