News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

"Highway" Signs

Started by US71, January 09, 2012, 12:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEVIN_224

OK...where in Massachusetts is that ugly sign? I've got to see that one for myself! :)

NE2

Quote from: KEVIN_224 on January 12, 2012, 02:47:34 AM
OK...where in Massachusetts is that ugly sign? I've got to see that one for myself! :)
The image URL has all you need to know. (us_44, thus go to Steve's US 44 page.)
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

national highway 1

"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: pianocello on January 11, 2012, 07:12:39 PM
There is (was?) a Route 61 Bar and Grill here that uses (used?) an Interstate 61 shield.
You thinking of this?
http://www.hwy61roadhouse.com/index.php
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

ctsignguy

A classic from near where I live....
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Kacie Jane

Quote from: national highway 1 on January 12, 2012, 04:14:10 AM
Old US 410 in Washington has plenty of these.

Here is the correct link. (You had an extra slash.)  Note though, that only one of those (the drive-in on the bottom) is a highway sign in the sense the thread is looking for.  That neon US shield looks pretty epic though.

gonealookin

South Carson Street in Carson City, a few blocks south of the State Capitol:

(Edit:  Image posted on Photobucket deleted)

I'm not certain if "Old" has always been in the name or if that's been added relatively recently.  That stretch of South Carson was the 395 mainline through Carson City until the fall of 2009 when an extension phase of the Carson City Bypass was completed.  In any case that name probably does sound a little better than "Red's Business 395 Grill" which would be correct today.

SP Cook

WJHL in Johnson City, Tennessee used to use a US 11 shield as its logo, as seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZw4g8dfwQU

WJHL is channel 11, and US 11 is a primary road in that area.

Takumi

Here's the "460 Market Place" I referred to earlier.

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

US71

Here's a b/w photo of Fayetteville AR's 71 Drive-In (circa 1973)

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US71

This is bending the subject slightly, but a Freeway sign (circa 1973) ;)

ctsignguy

Another one from Mass.....
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

xonhulu

I liked the prices on the first sign a lot better.

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 13, 2012, 10:12:47 PM
Quote from: pianocello on January 11, 2012, 07:12:39 PM
There is (was?) a Route 61 Bar and Grill here that uses (used?) an Interstate 61 shield.
You thinking of this?
http://www.hwy61roadhouse.com/index.php

The location of the St. Louis meet Rich Piehl hosted back in 2008.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

roadfro

Quote from: gonealookin on January 14, 2012, 02:05:21 PM
South Carson Street in Carson City, a few blocks south of the State Capitol:

I'm not certain if "Old" has always been in the name or if that's been added relatively recently.  That stretch of South Carson was the 395 mainline through Carson City until the fall of 2009 when an extension phase of the Carson City Bypass was completed.  In any case that name probably does sound a little better than "Red's Business 395 Grill" which would be correct today.

"Old" was in the name prior to the relocation of US 395/US 50 to the Carson City Freeway...at least in the mid 2000s.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Takumi

In Keysville, VA there's an "Old 360" business (self storage?) with the Old 360 in a US shield.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Darkchylde

Down in Madisonville, LA, there's a gas station called "Route 22" - their logo is a slight modification of a US shield (the crown is an inverted white on black) - it's at the corner of LA 21/1077 and LA 22. (Oddly enough, that part of LA 22 was signed for a short time as US 190.)

US71

Quote from: Darkchylde on January 29, 2012, 12:15:31 AM
Down in Madisonville, LA, there's a gas station called "Route 22" - their logo is a slight modification of a US shield (the crown is an inverted white on black) - it's at the corner of LA 21/1077 and LA 22. (Oddly enough, that part of LA 22 was signed for a short time as US 190.)

I found it on Street View: looks like it is/was an AMOCO. I'll be down that way in a couple months, so maybe I'll go look for it ;)

Darkchylde

Quote from: US71 on January 29, 2012, 12:37:00 AM

I found it on Street View: looks like it is/was an AMOCO. I'll be down that way in a couple months, so maybe I'll go look for it ;)
Let me know when - me and the roomie usually head out that way to fish. It's the only place around here you can buy live worms...

US71

Quote from: Darkchylde on January 29, 2012, 03:00:57 AM
Quote from: US71 on January 29, 2012, 12:37:00 AM

Let me know when - me and the roomie usually head out that way to fish. It's the only place around here you can buy live worms...

Somewhere between the 18th & 21st of March is the closest I can nail it down right now. I'll be in Lumberton (Hattiesburg) through the 17th, so it depends which way I head home: "directly"  or via Pensacola ;)

roadman65

What ever happened to Phillips 66 petroleum?  They used the US 66 shield as its logo. 
Is there not a US 40 Motel in either Indiana or Ohio that uses or used a US 40 shield?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

rarnold

Phillips 66 stations still exist, but Phillips Petroleum does not exist anymore. It is now part of ConocoPhillips Petroleum. Phillips 66 is now just a brand name. They may not exist in parts of the country anymore due to regional contracts, so their stations were sold off to another company, like BP or Sunoco.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: roadman65 on January 29, 2012, 03:00:28 PM
What ever happened to Phillips 66 petroleum?  They used the US 66 shield as its logo.  
Is there not a US 40 Motel in either Indiana or Ohio that uses or used a US 40 shield?

Scroll back up thread for a photo of the US 40 Hotel sign.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.