News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Øresund bridge tunnel heading towards new traffic record

Started by cpzilliacus, December 22, 2016, 10:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

TheLocal.SE: Øresund bridge heading towards new traffic record

QuoteThe Øresund bridge between Sweden and Denmark is heading towards a new annual traffic record — but the number of regular train commuters has dropped in the past year.

QuoteAround 6.9 million vehicles have crossed the bridge so far in 2016, with the sharpest increase this autumn. From August to November the total number of vehicles rose by 6.6 percent and the total number of cars by 6.7 percent.

QuoteAccording to Øresundbro Konsortiet, which manages the bridge, the increase is likely partly due to train travellers choosing to take the car or bus instead in order to avoid delays caused by the ID checks.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Chris

Øresund Bridge traffic growth has been sluggish since the start of the recession and a slow recovery.

The Great Belt Bridge traffic growth has been more substantial.

roadman65

https://goo.gl/maps/inAxQF8xmrPtu9Xr8

I was noticing that the Tunnel entrance is at the exit to Copenhagen's Airport.  It also denotes the tunnel toll in English and not Dutch.  Plus to inform the motorists it's 19km in length it uses 0-19 to state that the toll is from the ramp to the 19th km ahead.

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Chris

Quote from: roadman65 on August 01, 2022, 11:39:34 AM
It also denotes the tunnel toll in English and not Dutch.

That makes sense considering the tunnel is in Denmark and not the Netherlands.  :pan:

I checked the toll rates for the Øresund Bridge-Tunnel and concluded there is some kind of seasonal variation. The toll rate was € 64 last summer, € 55 in January and now € 65 again. The DKK/SEK rates also vary, so it's not an exchange rate issue. They do not seem to officially publish these variations.

€ 65 is outrageously expensive by the way, I think this makes it the most expensive toll facility in Europe.

Though commuters can enter a subscription plan which dramatically lowers the toll. So it's mostly tourists (and trucks) that pay these toll rates.

Still, the Helsingør - Helsingborg ferry charges € 33 for a crossing, so you'd think that would take some tourist traffic away from the Øresund Bridge.

Scott5114

Quote from: Chris on August 01, 2022, 12:32:52 PM
€ 65 is outrageously expensive by the way, I think this makes it the most expensive toll facility in Europe.

For comparison, the first 127 miles of the Kansas Turnpike would cost €9.25.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

Quote from: Chris on August 01, 2022, 12:32:52 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on August 01, 2022, 11:39:34 AM
It also denotes the tunnel toll in English and not Dutch.

That makes sense considering the tunnel is in Denmark and not the Netherlands.  :pan:

I checked the toll rates for the Øresund Bridge-Tunnel and concluded there is some kind of seasonal variation. The toll rate was € 64 last summer, € 55 in January and now € 65 again. The DKK/SEK rates also vary, so it's not an exchange rate issue. They do not seem to officially publish these variations.

Though commuters can enter a subscription plan which dramatically lowers the toll. So it's mostly tourists (and trucks) that pay these toll rates.

Still, the Helsingør - Helsingborg ferry charges € 33 for a crossing, so you'd think that would take some tourist traffic away from the Øresund Bridge.

I meant Danish. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.