News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NV 431 Mount Rose Highway

Started by Max Rockatansky, September 15, 2018, 10:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I've been going through more of my 2016 Highway Photo Albums and NV 431 came up.  It seems that the precursor route NV 27 dates back to at least 1932.  I can't find a Nevada State Highway Map between 1929 and 1931 to determine an exact time frame NV 27 became a Signed Highway over Mount Rose.  If I recall correctly this might have been one of the first highway albums I shared on this website:

http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/09/nevada-state-route-431-mount-rose.html

roadfro

In your write-up, I think where you are referring to "Washoe Valley", you really mean "Truckee Meadows".

Washoe Valley is the area where Washoe Lake is between Reno and Carson City (in road parlance, the section of I-580/US 395 between Eastlake Blvd and Old US 395/Bowers Mansion Road). Truckee Meadows is the name of the valley area where Reno and Sparks are located, with SR 431/Mount Rose Highway touching down on its south end.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadfro on September 16, 2018, 04:21:59 PM
In your write-up, I think where you are referring to "Washoe Valley", you really mean "Truckee Meadows".

Washoe Valley is the area where Washoe Lake is between Reno and Carson City (in road parlance, the section of I-580/US 395 between Eastlake Blvd and Old US 395/Bowers Mansion Road). Truckee Meadows is the name of the valley area where Reno and Sparks are located, with SR 431/Mount Rose Highway touching down on its south end.

It is, I caught the error last night when I was writing something for NV 431 but I didn't have a chance to go back and fix it.  I actually didn't notice it until I found my picture of the Lousetown Historical Marker. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.