News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Quebec Freeways

Started by sonysnob, September 09, 2009, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonysnob

Autoroute 10:

Autoroute 15:

Autoroute 20:

Autoroute 25:

More photos, and high-res version of posted photos found at Canhighways.com/PQ/

Stephane Dumas

thanks for posting these pictures  :sombrero: :clap: :clap:

Hellfighter

Somebody needs to post some A-70 Pics!  :D

Truvelo

Why is it the French like weird streetlights?

This one in France is equally artistic.

Speed limits limit life

Alps

Quote from: Hellfighter on September 09, 2009, 10:30:17 PM
I may hit that up next summer.  Still in the planning stages.

Hellfighter

Quote from: AlpsROADS on September 10, 2009, 06:42:25 PM

Need a buddy to come with u?

Alps

Quote from: Hellfighter on September 10, 2009, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on September 10, 2009, 06:42:25 PM

Need a buddy to come with u?
Besides the fact that a) I've never met you, b) I would be gone for 9 days or so, and c) was already planning this with someone else...

City

I like how the Autoroute system is made, but I have one pet peeve: How they show exit numbers. Why use a yellow rectangle with one of the edges tilted like /? It isn't a warning of any sort.

Alps

Quote from: City on September 12, 2009, 02:33:52 PM
I like how the Autoroute system is made, but I have one pet peeve: How they show exit numbers. Why use a yellow rectangle with one of the edges tilted like /? It isn't a warning of any sort.
It may be indicating the direction of the exit?  I'd have to scour my site to see if I have any for a left exit.

EDIT: I was right!  www.alpsroads.net/roads/qc/a-20/w141.jpg

yanksfan6129

It's not a yellow rectangle with a slanted edge. It's a trapezoid.

vdeane

Pretty much the same thing.  Though trapezoid is more dignified.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

The Premier

Can't they use the rectangular exit tabs like we do here in the U.S.? It will make a lot more sense than their exit tabs.
Alex P. Dent

vdeane

IMO it still makes a lot more sense than most European signange.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: The Premier on April 18, 2010, 08:19:44 PM
Can't they use the rectangular exit tabs like we do here in the U.S.? It will make a lot more sense than their exit tabs.

The province of New Brunswick also use trapezoid form, but their signs are green instead of yellow. I spotted a pic at http://www.seizethejourney.com/4corners06/images/ME-NB-Mad-SIGN.jpg  (from the http://www.seizethejourney.com/4corners06/day11.asp website)

Brandon

^^
NB's signage looks very much like Ontario's.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

vdeane

I think pretty much everywhere in Canada except Quebec signs things like Ontario.  The Premier wasn't talking about the gore sign anyways, he was talking about the exit tab on advance signage.

Franks

You're right ... but I hope you're not only talking about language.
Ne restreins jamais le champ du possible aux limites de ton imaginaire...[Antony Bouchardon]

<< My youtube space >>
http://www.youtube.com/user/Franks4488

vdeane

Nope, not only talking about language.

The Premier

Language is not the issue regarding the signs; only the exit tab is the issue.
Alex P. Dent

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.