News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Canada: Sea to Sky Highway Updates

Started by ComputerGuy, January 19, 2009, 11:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComputerGuy

This topic will be dedicated to the wiedening of British Columbia Provincial Route 99 (the Sea to Sky Highway) from North Vancouver to Whistler. This wiedening is critical for access to Whistler, host of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I have a question: What is the condition of the highway now?

Stephane Dumas

yanksfan6129

Those pics look amazing (well, them make the Sea-to-Sky look amazing). I'm impressed. Now hopefully they will be able to handle the traffic up to Whistler. It looks like they did a nice job.

Hellfighter

Riverside Frwy

I saw this highway while watching the 2010 Winter Olympics opening ceremony.If you look at the opening video where it shows a fly over of Vancouver with a sea-plane you can actually see the highway.I just watched it a few hours ago.

Chris

Freewaybrent made an awesome video of the Sea to Sky Highway.

Watch it in full resolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjr239-UtA

Bickendan

Someone go find him and have him do up a clinched highways file on the clinched highways page. Those are excellent videos.

un1

That's an amazing video! I've always wanted to go to BC, now it makes me want to go there even more.   :sombrero:
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Franks

Yay ! Sea to sky highway ... this video is on my youtube's favourite videos ! this video is perfect I give him 5 stars ^^
It's named a ''highway'' but for true I think it's a ''secured-BC-route''... and the speed limit is down of real highways.
Ne restreins jamais le champ du possible aux limites de ton imaginaire...[Antony Bouchardon]

<< My youtube space >>
http://www.youtube.com/user/Franks4488

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.