Regional Boards > Canada

Ontario's Highways

<< < (257/273) > >>

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 21, 2021, 04:40:24 PM ---View looking easterly from the Creditview Road overpass.  Traffic was shifted from the old lanes to the future collector lanes over the weekend:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_401_images/401_cl_337_east_C_Nov21-21_24x16.jpg

--- End quote ---

OOOF.  I don't think they were thinking there with the WB Express lanes.  3 -> 1 to merge in with the Collector.  OUCH.  That will be a major bottleneck for sure!

andrepoiy:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on November 21, 2021, 10:58:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on November 21, 2021, 04:40:24 PM ---View looking easterly from the Creditview Road overpass.  Traffic was shifted from the old lanes to the future collector lanes over the weekend:

[image redacted]

--- End quote ---

OOOF.  I don't think they were thinking there with the WB Express lanes.  3 -> 1 to merge in with the Collector.  OUCH.  That will be a major bottleneck for sure!

--- End quote ---

Even when it was everything to the Express lanes, it was also a bottleneck. On the Express side, the left lane was HOV that turned into a general lane, and the right lane ended, bringing it down to 2, except that there was a "lane shift" due to the HOV becoming a regular lane. On the collector side, it went from 3-2. All that into 4 lanes, and then one of those lanes also ended becoming 3. Pretty much all day there's a backup here rush hour or not (minus the late night)

AsphaltPlanet:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on November 21, 2021, 10:58:08 PM ---OOOF.  I don't think they were thinking there with the WB Express lanes.  3 -> 1 to merge in with the Collector.  OUCH.  That will be a major bottleneck for sure!

--- End quote ---

I suspect the configuration will be adjusted before the snow flies.  I can't see them leaving the express lanes merging to a single lane like that for the long term.

We shall see though.  Yesterday was the first day of the new configuration and the express lanes were pretty pooched all day long.  Judging by the traffic cameras the majority of transport trucks along the corridor seem to have figured out that they should stay in the collector lanes at least.

mrsman:

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_401_images/401_cl_337_east_C_Nov21-21_24x16.jpg

http://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_401_images/401_cl_337_east_EB_Nov21-21_24x16.jpg

--- End quote ---

Could you explain what is going on for those not familiar with the area?  Are they temporarily closing the express lanes in order to do a widening project or a repaving? 

andrepoiy:

--- Quote from: mrsman on November 28, 2021, 12:39:52 PM ---

image redacted

--- End quote ---

Could you explain what is going on for those not familiar with the area?  Are they temporarily closing the express lanes in order to do a widening project or a repaving?

--- End quote ---

I don't have any sources, I'm just speculating, but I think they're demolishing the now-Express lanes and just rebuilding them to today's standards. In addition, it's also getting an HOV lane, so some minor widening is also needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version