Regional Boards > Canada

Autoroute 85 Status?

(1/17) > >>

ghYHZ:
What’s the status of the twinning on A-85/TCH between Riviere-du-loup and the QC/ NB border? The last time I was through it was finished in the Cabano and Notre-Dame-du-Lac areas and also the section up over the hill between Notre-Dame-du-Lac and Degelis was under construction. Has the Irving Big Stop at Saint-Antonin been by-passed yet? It’s a favorite stopping place on the drive from Ottawa to Nova Scotia (which will hopefully be around 45 min shorter now with the opening of A-30!)  I also see that New Brunswick has 10 million in next year’s budget to complete the remaining couple of clicks of TCH2 at the NB/QC border.

.........Then it’s a continuous run of nearly 700km of twinned TCH to Sutherlands River NS.

webfil:
[*]QC-191 to 3e Rang in Saint-Antonin (6 km) opened in 2005;
[*]The Saint-Antonin―Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha! (40 km) gap received green light in April 2011. Work should begin around 2013-14;
[*]Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha! bypass (6 km) opened in 2011;
[*]Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha!―Cabano (6 km) opened in 2009;
[*]Cabano―Notre-Dame-du-Lac (6 km) construction is underway, should open between fall 2013 and fall 2015;
[*]Notre-Dame-du-Lac bypass (2 km) opened in 2002;
[*]Notre-Dame-du-Lac―Dégelis (14 km) construction is underway, should open between fall 2013 and fall 2015;
[*]Dégelis bypass (2 km) opened in 2004
[*]Dégelis-New Brunswick border (13 km) construction is underway, should open between fall 2013 and fall 2015;[/list]

vdeane:
According to Google, the freeway portions need to be upgraded to a freeway and the two lane portions are done!  :spin:

ghYHZ:

--- Quote from: webfil on December 16, 2012, 11:50:41 AM ---[*]QC-191 to 3e Rang in Saint-Antonin (6 km) opened in 2005;
[*]The Saint-Antonin―Saint-Louis-du-Ha!-Ha! (40 km) gap received green light in April 2011. Work should begin around 2013-14.........

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll provide an update and photos in the new year after my trip to Ottawa.[/list]

Stephane Dumas:
The section between Degelis and the N-B border is close to completion from what I saw on a recent aerial shot on Bing maps. http://binged.it/1dEZNHr

Now I wait for an update of the aerial pictures for Cabano and Notre-Dame-du-lac. ^^;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version