News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

General PA Design/Construction News

Started by 74/171FAN, October 12, 2023, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 12 News: Public Meeting Announced for Dunlap Creek Bridge Rehabilitation Project

QuoteUniontown, PA – Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) Engineering District 12, along with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), invites the community to participate in an open house format public meeting to review and comment on the Dunlap Creek Bridge Rehabilitation Project in Brownsville Borough, Fayette County.

Date:  Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Time:  5:00 to 6:30 PM
118 Church Street
Brownsville, PA 15417

A formal presentation will be held at 5:15 PM and the remainder of the meeting will be open house format with PennDOT representatives available to discuss the project and answer questions.

The existing Dunlap Creek Bridge – listed on the National Register of Historic Places (National Register) and a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark – was constructed by the United States Army Corps of Engineers in 1839 as the first cast iron metal arch bridge in the United States. It is a single-span, cast iron, arch rib structure that was modified in 1922 to replace bridge deck material and install cantilevered support brackets and sidewalks lined with replacement metal railings.

This project is designed as a sensitive rehabilitation of the historic bridge structure that will remove later encumbrances and restore views of the bridge. It will ensure continued structural integrity, stability, and soundness. The refurbishment will include the installation of a new midblock crossing and a pedestrian bridge for safety and accessibility.

The in person public meeting location complies with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and is accessible to individuals who have disabilities. The project documents will be made available in alternative languages or formats if requested. If you need translation/interpretation services or have special needs or concerns that require individual attention, please contact Project Manager Mr. Gary Ferrari no later than one week before the meeting at gferrari@pa.gov or 724.439.7156. You may also write to:

Mrs. Rachel D. Duda, P.E.
Assistant District Executive - Design
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Engineering District 12-0
825 North Gallatin Avenue Extension
Uniontown, PA 15401-2105
Attn:  Mr. Gary Ferrari, Project Manager

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, PennDOT does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability. If you feel that you have been denied the benefits of, or participation in a PennDOT program or activity, you may contact the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Equal Opportunity, DBE/Title VI Division at 717-787-5891 or 800-468-4201.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras. 511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following local alerts on X.

Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Fayette, Greene, Washington, and Westmoreland counties at District 12.

Information about infrastructure in District 12, including completed work and significant projects, is available at District 12 Accomplishments and PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at PA Transportation Projects.

Find PennDOT news on X, Facebook, and Instagram.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.