News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Super-2s/Unused 4-lane ROWs

Started by deathtopumpkins, February 13, 2009, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

In Central New York:

True Super-Tows:

• NY 104, various sections between Rochester and Oswego (it even has an odd looking half-diamond interchange with NY 89 [Image])
  • Portions of US 15, south of Presho (near Corning)
  • NY 13, portions between Elmira and Ithaca

Possible Super-Twos:

• NY 318, near Seneca Falls/Waterloo
  • NY 414 (from I-90 to Seneca Falls
  • NY 96A, south of Geneva (a portion is a four lane expressway)
  • Portions of NY 370
  • NY 31, Montezuma

EDIT: I forgot US 15 in portions of MD and VA.

Revive 755

US 50 in Illinois between Lebanon and Carlyle is a mix of Super-2 and brief four lane sections, with some at grade intersections, unused bridges, and extra ROW.  I think there is also a brief interchange free Super-2 section between IL 1 and the four lane section leading into Indiana

MO 79 has a Super-2 bypass of Old Monroe, with grading at the Rte C interchange for future NB lanes.

US 54 in Missouri appears to have a Super-2 section on its bypass of Bowling Green (with some grading for future WB lanes and a full cloverleaf at US 61).  It almost has a full Super-2 bypass of Mexico, but there appears to be a driveway for lake access.

ctsignguy

i know of one stretch in Ohio....

US 33 south of Athens...there is a 10 mile stretch of highway between divided stretches of 33 just southeast of Athens that starts a mile or so after the US 50 West interchange....with but three intersections, a few bridges, and NO other access to the road
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

TheStranger

Looking at Google Maps, the Thousand Islands Parkway in Ontario (a former routing of Highway 401) uses only one two-lane carraigeway of a divided four-lane highway (the original westbound lanes were put into disuse when 401 was shifted to a new alignment to the north).  In Gananoque, there is an exit for old Highway 2, but this segment does use both carriageways, before reverting to the old eastbound lanes for the rest of the route.
Chris Sampang

bugo

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 15, 2009, 02:37:52 AM

MO 79 has a Super-2 bypass of Old Monroe, with grading at the Rte C interchange for future NB lanes.

US 54 in Missouri appears to have a Super-2 section on its bypass of Bowling Green (with some grading for future WB lanes and a full cloverleaf at US 61).  It almost has a full Super-2 bypass of Mexico, but there appears to be a driveway for lake access.

Another Missouri super-2 is US 65 through Warsaw. 

AR 530 is a pseudo-super-2.  It is eventually going to be an Interstate, likely an I-530 extension (the "I-69 Connector").  It was constructed as a super 2, but both ends are currently at-grade intersections.  No access in between the 2 intersections, however.

A short portion of the Gilcrease Expressway in Tulsa is the same way, with at-grades at the ends but no access in between.

Michael

Quote from: froggie on February 14, 2009, 05:42:31 PM
QuoteNY 414 (from I-90 to Seneca Falls)
Portions of NY 370

NY 414 is definitely not a Super-2.  Not sure which "portions of NY 370" you're referring to.  If you're referring to the part along the Onondaga Lake Pkwy, you've got some parking lot access along the westbound side.

NY 370 west of Cato.  I'm not sure if it's a true super-two or just a very wide ROW.  I was wondering the same thing with NY 414.

Quote from: froggie on February 14, 2009, 05:42:31 PM
QuoteEDIT: I forgot US 15 in portions of MD and VA.
Maryland, yes.  Virginia, no.

I've only been on that portion of US 15 once, and I couldn't remember where the super-two portions were.

74/171FAN

I believe that VA 105 is somewhat a super-2 between VA 143 and US 17.  However, I also believe that its supposed to be widened in the somewhat near future.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

deathtopumpkins

Ahh... Fort Useless Blvd. It is 2-lanes, but it has intersections on it. And that's good that they're gonna widen it... It could use it from what I've seen.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Stephane Dumas

new recently opened gaps of A-50 between Buckgimham and Thurso as well as between Lachute and Grenville are super-2. A-55 still have a super-2 gap between Laviolette bridge and A-20

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: froggie on March 09, 2009, 09:56:07 AM
VA 105 is a limited-access right-of-way (limited-access does not mean interchanges-only).

Well only because it mostly goes through the middle of the woods so there's nothing but trees anyway.  :-P
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.