News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

OR 217/ORH 144 widening/aux. lane expansion

Started by Bickendan, December 19, 2018, 04:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/project-details.aspx?project=18841

Notes: Southbound on ramp from Allen Rd and off ramp to Denney road are to be removed, replaced with a frontage road.
Continuous third southbound lane from Denney (if not Allen and therefore OR 10) to OR 99W.

JasonOfORoads

Note to self: Get photos of 217 along this stretch, plus the interchanges, before construction. There's a lingering button copy sign EB on Allen at the onramp to 217 NB that will not likely survive construction.

Also, I would imagine they keep the exit number southbound as 2B because that's the least impactful change. Although they could renumber 2A to 2, Denney NB from 3 to 3B, Allen Blvd. NB from 2B to 3A, and the new combo exit gets 3 SB.

Finally, I remember a news story when I was a kid on KATU IIRC about how ODOT misspelled "Denney" on one of the two SB BGSs as "Denny", and that they were going to fix it. Anyone else remember that? I really wish I knew when that was and that I could go hunt down a photo of the signs. I think it happened before 217 got exit numbers c. 1995.
Borderline addicted to roadgeeking since ~1989.

Bruce

Quote from: JasonOfORoads on January 22, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
Finally, I remember a news story when I was a kid on KATU IIRC about how ODOT misspelled "Denney" on one of the two SB BGSs as "Denny", and that they were going to fix it. Anyone else remember that? I really wish I knew when that was and that I could go hunt down a photo of the signs. I think it happened before 217 got exit numbers c. 1995.

Perhaps the project manager was from Seattle. We have plenty of Denny-related stuff here (Denny Way, Denny Park, Denny Triangle, Denny Hall, Denny's Knoll).

In_Correct

Quote from: JasonOfORoads on January 22, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
Note to self: Get photos of 217 along this stretch, plus the interchanges, before construction. There's a lingering button copy sign EB on Allen at the onramp to 217 NB that will not likely survive construction.

Also, I would imagine they keep the exit number southbound as 2B because that's the least impactful change. Although they could renumber 2A to 2, Denney NB from 3 to 3B, Allen Blvd. NB from 2B to 3A, and the new combo exit gets 3 SB.

Grab the sign before it is too late?
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.