News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Paging New Yorkers

Started by ce929wax, June 11, 2019, 06:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ce929wax

I had a random thought last night, I was curious as to how many New Yorkers were still fans of the Dodgers and Giants after they moved to California in the late 50s?  I would guess that the youngest of those fans would be born around 1950.  I wonder how many of them are still fans of the Dodgers or Giants or if a lot of New Yorkers feel betrayal because they moved to California.

kevinb1994

Quote from: ce929wax on June 11, 2019, 06:19:11 PM
I had a random thought last night, I was curious as to how many New Yorkers were still fans of the Dodgers and Giants after they moved to California in the late 50s?  I would guess that the youngest of those fans would be born around 1950.  I wonder how many of them are still fans of the Dodgers or Giants or if a lot of New Yorkers feel betrayal because they moved to California.

I'm still a fan of the original NY Baseball Giants despite their move to SFO. Not gonna say the same for the original Brooklyn Dodgers, however.

thspfc

Probably some, but a very tiny minority considering the massive fanbase the Yankees have.

Alps

There are still some to this very day, as it gets passed down through families, but it's very small.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.