Jane Byrne Interchange Project Major Update

Started by Crash_It, June 15, 2021, 03:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

It's best explained in a video that I took when driving through the interchange recently. It's almost finished...

https://youtu.be/RIgeMXCs6iA

Brandon

IDOT will still be working on the Circle until the Earth burns to a crisp.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Crash_It

Quote from: Brandon on June 15, 2021, 05:54:29 PM
IDOT will still be working on the Circle until the Earth burns to a crisp.

I guess that will be a year from now. This took less time than it took INDOT to figure out what to do with 912. Removing and rebuilding ramps for several cross streets, and reconstructing pavement to align with all of it while creating new lanes is not a fast job. Plus, the contractor for this project is also the same contractor for another mega project now in progress on the Tristate.

ET21

I'll believe it when I see it, was supposed to be done almost 3 years ago
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JoePCool14

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 16, 2021, 07:15:37 AM
Done by fall 3000.  got it.

That's still too soon of an estimate. We'll find the real Alanland before this thing is completed.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Henry

Perhaps the Cubs will win a couple more World Series before this interchange is completed?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Crash_It

It'll be done long before your state fixes all it's thousands upon thousands of miles of beat the f*** up roads.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: Crash_It on June 16, 2021, 11:47:06 AM

It'll be done long before your state fixes all it's thousands upon thousands of miles of beat the f*** up roads.

Someone's a little sensitive....

hobsini2

Quote from: SEWIGuy on June 16, 2021, 12:05:36 PM

Are we REALLY comparing the quality of roads? IMO, Wisconsin does a much better job than Illinois on the freeways. Take I-55 down by Joliet sometime then tell me that's a superior condition than I-94 in Milwaukee.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Crash_It

Quote from: hobsini2 on June 16, 2021, 01:13:12 PM

Are we REALLY comparing the quality of roads? IMO, Wisconsin does a much better job than Illinois on the freeways. Take I-55 down by Joliet sometime then tell me that's a superior condition than I-94 in Milwaukee.

Take US12 in Walworth and Waukesha County and tell me that's a superior condition to any freeway in IL.

hobsini2

Quote from: Crash_It on June 16, 2021, 01:55:10 PM

Take US12 in Walworth and Waukesha County and tell me that's a superior condition to any freeway in IL.
Yes. US 12 is in desperate need of a resurface. No question. But don't act like we don't have our own roads here that are just as bad.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

edwaleni

*Every* state has its issues. Just surfing this website will reveal that.

The Ghostbuster

It said on Wikipedia that Jane Byrne was mayor of Chicago from 1979 to 1983, and that the Circle Interchange was named after her on August 29th, 2014, about 2 1/2 months before her death on November 14, 2014. I'm surprised the interchange was named after her, and not after some other mayor, such as Richard J. Daley.

Crash_It

Quote from: hobsini2 on June 16, 2021, 01:57:23 PM

Yes. US 12 is in desperate need of a resurface. No question. But don't act like we don't have our own roads here that are just as bad.

That's because there aren't , at least not for that long. I've driven a good portion of the state. It's true the I55/70 combo near the MO state line could use some TLC but that's about it. The rest of the state has pretty good roads. The worst road I've driven on in the state was IL115 through Ford County which was seemingly reverting back to gravel in some parts but even that has been resurfaced now.

hobsini2

Quote from: Crash_It on June 16, 2021, 07:46:41 PM
Quote from: hobsini2 on June 16, 2021, 01:57:23 PM

That's because there aren't , at least not for that long. I've driven a good portion of the state. It's true the I55/70 combo near the MO state line could use some TLC but that's about it. The rest of the state has pretty good roads. The worst road I've driven on in the state was IL115 through Ford County which was seemingly reverting back to gravel in some parts but even that has been resurfaced now.
Oh? Because they aren't? Dude, you need to get out more. I-55 and I-80 in the Joliet area is patched up pothole after patched up pothole. Don't believe me? Ask Brandon who lives in the area like I do. You will find long stretches. Hell, you don't even have to go that far from your hometown. The Edens Expy is one of the worse stretches of asphalt in the area. The quality of asphalt in Illinois does not hold up well after a bad winter like what we had.

I-39

So you are saying because WisDOT doesn't prioritize resurfacing US 12 in Walworth County (a stretch of freeway that was prematurely built in the first place and doesn't connect to anything significant), THAT should be the standard for why Wisconsin roads are worse? Haha.

As much as I think WisDOT overbuilt their highway system, Illinois is terrible, and it's not even close.

Crash_It

Quote from: I-39 on June 16, 2021, 08:24:55 PM

So you are saying because WisDOT doesn't prioritize resurfacing US 12 in Walworth County (a stretch of freeway that was prematurely built in the first place and doesn't connect to anything significant), THAT should be the standard for why Wisconsin roads are worse? Haha.

As much as I think WisDOT overbuilt their highway system, Illinois is terrible, and it's not even close.

According to what article?

hobsini2

I-39, I see he heavily deleted and edited stuff last night including getting rid of the USA Today article that he thought supports his claim of Illinois being far superior in the condition of its highways vs Wisconsin. The ranking was 18 vs 15 as far as worse roads. Funny thing is that only in road condition and not in per capita money spent and bridge condition, according to his 2016 article, was Wisconsin a worse rank than Illinois. How do I know that? Because I read the article.  People who do that tend to lose credibility. Just sayin.

Crash_It

Quote from: hobsini2 on June 17, 2021, 07:48:04 AM
I-39, I see he heavily deleted and edited stuff last night including getting rid of the USA Today article that he thought supports his claim of Illinois being far superior in the condition of its highways vs Wisconsin. The ranking was 18 vs 15 as far as worse roads. Funny thing is that only in road condition and not in per capita money spent and bridge condition, according to his 2016 article, was Wisconsin a worse rank than Illinois. How do I know that? Because I read the article.  People who do that tend to lose credibility. Just sayin.

Here's another article... again ranking Wisconsin worse than Illinois

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-states-have-the-worst-roads-in-the-united-states-2019-9#12-connecticut-1

Scott5114

That wasn't done by him, that was done by a moderator (not me, though.)

Also all your states still suck compared to Kansas, so it's better to just find something else to argue about.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JoePCool14

Quote from: Crash_It on June 17, 2021, 10:26:48 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-states-have-the-worst-roads-in-the-united-states-2019-9#12-connecticut-1

We don't need useless mainstream articles to decide which state is worse. I'd argue we know more than these people writing these pieces.

Crash_It

Quote from: JoePCool14 on June 18, 2021, 11:32:43 AM
Quote from: Crash_It on June 17, 2021, 10:26:48 AM

We don't need useless mainstream articles to decide which state is worse. I'd argue we know more than these people writing these pieces.

Not a useless article, they got the information from the DOTs themselves.

SSOWorld

Leave it alone Crash_It.  Back on topic.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JoePCool14

Here's a more relevant comment: It's sad to see that newly poured concrete is quickly tagged with graffiti before the project is even completed. I know it's near the south and west sides, but still...  :no:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.