News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Aaron Rodgers

Started by The Ghostbuster, November 15, 2021, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryV

Do you think his antics will put his career in jeopardy?

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: GaryV on November 16, 2021, 05:57:07 PM

Playing career? No, but if he had designs on a post-playing career in coaching or broadcasting, that's probably not gonna happen now.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

I think it'll put his Jeopardy career in jeopardy.

Max Rockatansky

If dudes like Ryan Leaf are getting opportunities post football then Aaron Rodgers easily will too if he's inclined.

Big John

^^ His State Farm ad ran last weekend so his opportunities are still there.

Max Rockatansky

And to be fair to Aaron Rodgers I don't believe he has had any significant legal issues that are kind of common in the NFL.  Brett Farve (who I think is still far more liked by the Packers fan base) had some personal issues with drugs and cheating on his wife. 

Alps

No, he's too famous and while there's drama now, he hasn't hurt anyone or acted racist/sexist to any measurable degree.

thspfc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 06:29:42 PM
And to be fair to Aaron Rodgers I don't believe he has had any significant legal issues that are kind of common in the NFL.  Brett Farve (who I think is still far more liked by the Packers fan base) had some personal issues with drugs and cheating on his wife.
Rodgers is a far better quarterback than Favre ever was, and while both have their issues, Rodgers seems to have fewer. So it doesn't make sense as to why Packers fans are more attached to Favre, but they definitely are. Plus, Rodgers' last name follows logical English spelling and pronunciation rules.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on November 16, 2021, 10:00:48 PM
Rodgers is a far better quarterback than Favre ever was, and while both have their issues, Rodgers seems to have fewer. So it doesn't make sense as to why Packers fans are more attached to Favre, but they definitely are. Plus, Rodgers' last name follows logical English spelling and pronunciation rules.

Simple, Farve was far more relatable to the average fan.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 10:10:58 PM

The Packers also sucked for nearly 25 years between Vince Lombardi's departure and Favre's arrival, so there's probably a lot of savior syndrome associated with Favre. Rodgers just took the keys from an operation that had been more successful than not for the 15 years prior.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Big John on November 16, 2021, 06:25:34 PM
^^ His State Farm ad ran last weekend so his opportunities are still there.

Maybe still running in Wisconsin, but in the Chicago market there has been a 100% decrease in Rodgers State Farm ads.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

triplemultiplex

I'm too distracted by the man-bun in some recent ads.  Yech.
There is only one type of person who can wear a man-bun: a samurai.  If you are not a samurai, then a man-bun looks stupid.  So either pick up a sword or take out that silly thing.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

NE2

Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 16, 2021, 01:12:33 PM
And naturally, the con-artists with worthless tinctures to sell also have kooky ideas about human biology and will gladly pass on their "knowledge" to the elite athletes and the next thing you know, an MVP is guzzling horse semen or whatever because it "prevents Corona."
Shatner, is that you?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Billy F 1988

I really am inclined to think Aaron partly made a putz of himself and only getting blipped 14 grand for his "vax" error. Perhaps it's a wake up call that if anyone else does it, they'd get a harsher penalty from the NFL, if they so incline to do so. I was confused as to why one guy would be blipped 20 grand for a uniform violation while the other takes a lesser blip for averting the NFL's vax protocols. I guess some guys like Aaron take greater liberties and not be as heavily punished than those just making their way into the league. I'm not going so far into taking his position as to whether he was "immunized" or not because quite frankly, that ship's already sailed and we're on the verge of playoffs time.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

hbelkins

^^^

What was the aforementioned uniform violation?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: hbelkins on November 22, 2021, 11:01:55 AM
^^^

What was the aforementioned uniform violation?

CeeDee Lamb has gotten fined multiple times for having his shirt untucked.

dvferyance

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 15, 2021, 11:42:43 AM
Aaron Rodgers came back after 10 days of quarantining after testing positive for Covid-19. He didn't look sharp in the Packers' 17-0 win against the Seattle Seahawks, but a win is a win (especially for a Packer fanatic like me). Rodgers has stirred up quite a bit of controversy in recent times, both last off-season and with his "immunity" comments, non-suspension and "small" fine. What are your thoughts on the Packer quarterback?
I wish he would retire already.

gr8daynegb

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 17, 2021, 03:00:29 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2021, 10:10:58 PM

The Packers also sucked for nearly 25 years between Vince Lombardi's departure and Favre's arrival, so there's probably a lot of savior syndrome associated with Favre. Rodgers just took the keys from an operation that had been more successful than not for the 15 years prior.

-While Rodgers numbers are better than Favre's you do have to take into account the way football vs played during Favre's career is not the same as with Rodgers and the current players playing.  Rules on hitting the QB's, rules on how pass coverage is called, and many other rule implemented have changed the way stats compile(in the 90's every 2 TD's for 1 INT was looked at as good, and if you were 3 to 1 that was being on fire)

-Many Packer fans are from rural small towns and much of Favre's upbringing as told match up so fans grew up with and they seem to relate to Favre more than Rodgers.  Rodgers words always seem calculated and passive aggressive, whereas Favre for a long time came off like a good ole country boy speaking his mind. Remember for better or worse Favre would party out and about through most of his first half of his GB career. Later in Favre's career I think fans picked up more on Favre's words to get the motive of them.  Rodgers doesn't speak with much of his family and seems to cut people out of his life quicker than many. Favre with not being faithful to wife along with legends of other things Favre got away with.......things we wouldn't do ourselves hopefully but won't judge 

-Would agree on the savior complex a bunch.  If in GB and you are the guy fans will forgive anything.  Being Favre and his timing made him almost walk on water in Wisconsin.  Us Packer fans being spoiled makes me agree with that point.

As for Rodgers comments in todays environment what answer could he have given and not literally ticked off half the people? Public are dug into their positions so more or less any answer given(and refusing to answer in same boat as would be construed to fit a narrative) was gonna make the talking heads go nuts 
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.