News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

User kphoger

Started by SEWIGuy, December 21, 2021, 03:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEWIGuy

Hi everyone.

AARoads most prolific poster kphoger has not posted since the early part of September.  I reached out in November through PM but received no response.  I understand people can take breaks from the forum, but I just wanted to know if anyone knows him and if he is OK.

Thanks.

Scott5114

He's taken long breaks from the forum (and probably the Internet in general) before, so I'm guessing he's just doing that and will resurface later. I hope he's doing well and enjoying himself too.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

1995hoo

I think this question has been asked before, though a search isn't helping me find it, and I recall the answer then being much the same as what Scott5114 says.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

NWI_Irish96

In my mind he's taken a break from the forum to go on a quest to rocket up the "lowest route you haven't been on" leaderboard.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Scott5114

Quote from: cabiness42 on December 21, 2021, 03:53:13 PM
In my mind he's taken a break from the forum to go on a quest to rocket up the "lowest route you haven't been on" leaderboard.

I think I'm going to imagine anyone who takes a break from the forum to be doing this from now on.

Molandfreak

This isn't out of the ordinary. kphoger was absent from the forum for at least the first few months of 2014.

Quote from: Alex on April 05, 2014, 09:57:39 AM
kphoger routinely disappears for months at a time from the forum.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

webny99

In fact, we've already had a thread about kphoger during this absence, back in October:

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=30393.msg2673407#msg2673407

Max Rockatansky

He's disappeared for long stretches numerous times in the past.  He even forgot his login information one time. 

thspfc

A far-fetched but possible conspiracy is that he secretly has two accounts, and hasn't logged into his "main" one since September. He could be posting among us as we speak and we don't know it.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on December 21, 2021, 05:06:27 PM
A far-fetched but possible conspiracy is that he secretly has two accounts, and hasn't logged into his "main" one since September. He could be posting among us as we speak and we don't know it.

He used a kphoger2 account he created to let the mods know that he forgot his password to his real account.  The dude doesn't strike me as someone who would go all Marf Sock Puppet.

formulanone

Yup, this normal for him. He volunteers a lot of his time and periodically takes breaks from the forum.

thspfc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 21, 2021, 05:08:39 PM
Quote from: thspfc on December 21, 2021, 05:06:27 PM

He used a kphoger2 account he created to let the mods know that he forgot his password to his real account.  The dude doesn't strike me as someone who would go all Marf Sock Puppet.
He made a dummy alternate in order to build an alibi and draw attention away from his real alternate.

hotdogPi

FritzOwl is away too....
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

tolbs17

I am assure people do take long breaks

Scott5114

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Or, are we all FritzOwl?

Quote from: 1 on December 21, 2021, 05:23:37 PM
FritzOwl is away too....

Considering I saw what the host website Fritz was originally housing his images on entailed I just assumed there some sort of mad scientist dynamic there.

Scott5114

Knowing my luck he's going to come back later today and see that heinous accusation I just posted.

dlsterner

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 21, 2021, 05:41:40 PM
^^^

Or, are we all FritzOwl?

I believe we can look to The Walrus for the explanation:  "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

I can only assume that this means that not only that we are all FritzOwl, but FritzOwl is all of us.  Maybe this also applies to kphoger?

Goo goo g'joob.

Or maybe we all are Devo.  I dunno ...

SectorZ

The good news when he comes back is he'll see how genuinely missed he is.

tolbs17

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 21, 2021, 06:02:30 PM
Knowing my luck he's going to come back later today and see that heinous accusation I just posted.
kphoger? Damn.

SEWIGuy

Ok thanks everyone!  Glad to know this isn't unusual.

froggie

Quote from: dlsterner on December 21, 2021, 06:03:13 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 21, 2021, 05:41:40 PM
^^^

Or, are we all FritzOwl?

I believe we can look to The Walrus for the explanation:  "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

I can only assume that this means that not only that we are all FritzOwl, but FritzOwl is all of us.  Maybe this also applies to kphoger?

Goo goo g'joob.

Or maybe we all are Devo.  I dunno ...

You've spent too much time in Alanland...

Roadgeekteen

Users take long breaks from the forum sometimes. And sometimes they don't come back. That's normal.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

snowc

I took breaks from April-August 2021, then December-January 2021-22. I just wanted to take a break from the forum.  :colorful:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on January 20, 2022, 09:09:40 AM
I took breaks from April-August 2021, then December-January 2021-22. I just wanted to take a break from the forum.  :colorful:

You wanted a break?  Revisionist history?

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=30634.msg2685627#msg2685627

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.