News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-69 in TX

Started by Grzrd, October 09, 2010, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

Quote from: yakra on December 19, 2021, 12:41:49 AM
Nice, I-69E is clearly posted going north from Yturria.
But how far. The Google car turned around there. :(

I wanted to know the same thing, but I guess we'll have to wait for Google street view to reach this part of I-69E or a video.
Renewed roadgeek

Scott5114

I mean, if you want to know bad enough, there is a way to get a better look at the signs...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Thegeet

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 19, 2021, 01:51:18 AM
I mean, if you want to know bad enough, there is a way to get a better look at the signs...
Going there ourselves? Just an educated guess.

yakra

Encourage forum members who are way closer than us to go get photos? :D
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

rickmastfan67

Nah, get Scotty up in the Enterprise to teleport ya there.  :-D :bigass:

Thegeet

Well, I do live about 1 1/2 hour north of Driscoll. Although we never had time to go nearby.

yakra

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 19, 2021, 06:44:21 AM
Nah, get Scotty up in the Enterprise to teleport ya there.  :-D :bigass:
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

sprjus4

Google Street View has been updated near Driscoll for December 2021.

Northbound traffic between Bishop and north of Driscoll is on its final configuration - the new northbound mainlines including on the new bypass - with a 70 mph posted speed limit. Southbound is still on the original roadway and going through Driscoll itself.

I-69 shields are covered and not currently posted, the new route is US-77. I imagine by the time the project is fully complete, I-69 will not only be signed on this stretch, but all the way to Kingsville.

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

It looks like in the southern portion of the Kingsville bypass, they are adding in frontage roads down to Business US 77.
Renewed roadgeek

Thegeet

Quote from: CoolAngrybirdsrio4 on December 21, 2021, 12:58:42 AM
It looks like in the southern portion of the Kingsville bypass, they are adding in frontage roads down to Business US 77.
Yes. Indeed they are. They will then construct a new interchange for BUS 77.

TheBox

Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Giddings bypass, Elgin bypass, and Elgin-Manor freeway/tollway when?

Alex

Jeff Royston was just in Driscoll on Sunday and texted us two photos:

He wrote
QuoteInteresting that I-69E is completed northbound only through Driscoll.  Completely leaves the southbound lanes about a half mile to the east.

Quote from: CoolAngrybirdsrio4 on December 19, 2021, 12:51:22 AM

I wanted to know the same thing, but I guess we'll have to wait for Google street view to reach this part of I-69E or a video.

Lame dude  :thumbdown:

CoolAngrybirdsrio4

Quote from: Alex on December 21, 2021, 06:01:56 PM

He wrote
QuoteInteresting that I-69E is completed northbound only through Driscoll.  Completely leaves the southbound lanes about a half mile to the east.

Quote from: CoolAngrybirdsrio4 on December 19, 2021, 12:51:22 AM

Lame dude  :thumbdown:

New I-69E shields by Driscoll? Sweet.

Additionally, there are plain I-69 shields up at US 77 & FM 2826
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.7398227,-97.6995736,3a,75y,133.75h,81.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sz1cfCZ5zRWWi8Ty-KzKIFQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&authuser=0
Renewed roadgeek

Thegeet

Highlights:
I-69E/US 77: New footage in Yturria, Driscoll NB lanes opened, fully captured by Google.
I-69C/US 281: Premont Bypass under construction, left exit to be constructed.
I-69W/US 59: I-35 interchange project construction in progress.
I-69/US 59: Victoria overpass at County Rd complete, closed for drainage bridge construction. Loop 541 interchange open in Kendleton.

List might change.

TheBox

There's also work over the frontage road around the US-77 and I-37 section
or really, just work around the US-77 and I-37 sections (not just the frontage road)

Northbound - https://www.google.com/maps/@27.8765577,-97.623557,3a,75y,4.5h,79.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNDaXfBo1f9LfEP6zz0sGlA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?authuser=1

Southbound - https://www.google.com/maps/@27.9081578,-97.6275465,3a,15y,226.16h,87.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgQmbmwEtsVo5JATtbd2iDg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?authuser=1

what is all this for? and why?
Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Giddings bypass, Elgin bypass, and Elgin-Manor freeway/tollway when?

Thegeet

yakra

Exit open! Compare GMSV (1, 2)

He wrote
* yakra drools. Wheredis?
Notwithstanding the obvious greenout & lack of shields at the southern US77Bus split, can we now say that I-69E is signed NB from some point at or near Driscoll, continuous & unbroken up to the existing Robstown segment at FM2826?

Quote from: Thegeet on December 21, 2021, 07:32:25 PM
Highlights:
I-69E/US 77: New footage in Yturria, Driscoll NB lanes opened, fully captured by Google.
I-69C/US 281: Premont Bypass under construction, left exit to be constructed.
I-69W/US 59: I-35 interchange project construction in progress.
I-69/US 59: Victoria overpass at County Rd complete, closed for drainage bridge construction. Loop 541 interchange open in Kendleton.

List might change.
There's a tiny little segment fully built out at Sarita; mainlines, frontage roads, interchange. OSM labels this as I-69E, though this is almost certainly jumping the gun; I don't expect there to be signage until it's connected to one of the existing segments.
Which may be a while. On the N side, while it appears new bridges over Los Olmos Creek at the Kenedy/Kleberg county line aren't required, The Riviera relief route was on the STIP for FY 2026 as of the May 2019 quarterly revision, it was removed for Aug 2019. I'm sure others will have a clearer idea what this means.
To the S, looks there's quite some distance to go across Kenedy County, with whatever ranch access, frontage roads & interchanges that entails.

sprjus4

Quote from: yakra on December 22, 2021, 01:29:51 PM
There's a tiny little segment fully built out at Sarita; mainlines, frontage roads, interchange. OSM labels this as I-69E, though this is almost certainly jumping the gun; I don't expect there to be signage until it's connected to one of the existing segments.
That section near Sarita seems simply like an interchange with ramps and frontage roads in the immediate vicinity - not necessarily a full freeway segment. However, it's designed to be extended both north and south.

capt.ron

TXDOT need to get on the stick and get the section of US 59 upgraded from Texarkana to the existing I-69 piece around the Cleveland, TX area, especially that narrow and rather dangerous section between Teneha and Timpson.

edwaleni

Quote from: capt.ron on December 22, 2021, 02:25:50 PM
TXDOT need to get on the stick and get the section of US 59 upgraded from Texarkana to the existing I-69 piece around the Cleveland, TX area, especially that narrow and rather dangerous section between Teneha and Timpson.

Huh? Tenaha to Timpson is a 4 lane affair today. Are you speaking to the fact it has no median?

Thegeet

Quote from: yakra on December 22, 2021, 01:29:51 PM
On the N side, while it appears new bridges over Los Olmos Creek at the Kenedy/Kleberg county line aren't required, The Riviera relief route was on the STIP for FY 2026 as of the May 2019 quarterly revision, it was removed for Aug 2019. I'm sure others will have a clearer idea what this means.
You're telling me that the Riviera bypass is going to be tolled? I didn't see this coming at all.

bassoon1986

Speaking of that section of US 59...surely the new I-69/I-369 won't make such a 90 degree turn to head north towards Marshall like 59 does now?

iPhone

Bobby5280

The split of I-369 going off I-69 near Tenaha will likely pretty close to a 90 degree turn.

As for the segment of US-59 between Tenaha and Timpson, I'm guessing it will be well down the list of priorities. The freeway bypasses around towns between Houston and Texarkana will probably get finished first and then the rural sections in between upgraded later.

bwana39

That portion is probably not going to be part of I-369 when it is built. The most recent proposed route has BOTH I-69 and I-369 going cross country from around Garrison to Woods Community and I-369 following US-59 and I-69 crossing the Sabine River all in Texas and crossing into Louisiana near Galloway. This just about halves the mileage in Louisiana to I-49 AND cuts the construction expense for the Louisiana state line to I-49 by 2/3's.

This said,  the folks in Shelby County TX and DeSoto Parish La  neither are too keen on it. It puts most of this segment into the  Atlanta TXDOT district and out of the Lufkin District.  While it is viewed as a giant snub for Shelby County, it is more aptly just a one piece loop around Garrison, Timpson, and Teneha.

Who knows where it will eventually go. Louisiana DOTD seemingly wishes it would just go away.

I agree with Bobby as to the order of business. This may just be that loop though....
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.