News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Coca Cola Freestyle Machines

Started by roadman65, February 03, 2015, 11:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jardine

Is this the 'granddaddy' of the Freestyled Machine ??

jeffandnicole

At a PDQ last week, they had the Freestyle machines and I wanted something with orange.  The orange squirter was out of adjustment, and got more on my hands and shoes than in the cup.

That stuff can stain too!

seicer

The Pepsi "freestyle" machines are much more compact and have a far better touch screen panel - at least from the two I've used in the wild. I'm not sure those have ever taken off.

jakeroot

Quote from: seicer on May 14, 2018, 08:55:30 AM
The Pepsi "freestyle" machines are much more compact and have a far better touch screen panel - at least from the two I've used in the wild. I'm not sure those have ever taken off.

I haven't seen any in the wild myself, but I have seen another variation at Burger King with two dispensers. Lots of customization, but faster since two can use at once. No idea who makes it, but it has the classic Coke + DP combo that all BKs have in my area.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: jakeroot on May 14, 2018, 12:54:30 PM

I haven't seen any in the wild myself, but I have seen another variation at Burger King with two dispensers. Lots of customization, but faster since two can use at once. No idea who makes it, but it has the classic Coke + DP combo that all BKs have in my area.

It is probably one of these:
http://newproducts-cornelius.com/idc-pro/

I have seen one of these at one BK location, although most BKs use the standard Freestyle fountains.

jakeroot

Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 14, 2018, 01:29:04 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on May 14, 2018, 12:54:30 PM

It is probably one of these:
http://newproducts-cornelius.com/idc-pro/

I have seen one of these at one BK location, although most BKs use the standard Freestyle fountains.

Yep, that's it. It was slightly glitchy the first time I used it, but was much better on following visits.

seicer

Pink Jazz

Note that Coke does have a compact version of the Freestyle, the Freestyle 7000:
https://www.cokesolutions.com/equipment/coca-cola-freestyle

ThatRandomOshawott

In my town, there is a Freestyle at Fazoli's, Zaxby's, Wendy's, and Qdoba.

Pink Jazz

Speaking of Burger King, I wonder when is their contract with Coke supposed to expire?  The last time I recall the contract was renewed was in 1999.  It must have been a long-term contract.

Big John

cjk374

Any restaurant that changes over from Coke to Pepsi around here experiences a major loss of business.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: cjk374 on May 15, 2018, 06:47:12 AM
Any restaurant that changes over from Coke to Pepsi around here experiences a major loss of business.

I know Subway has been switching to Pepsi in most countries outside the United States in recent years, and once their contract with Coke in the U.S. comes up for renewal I except them to switch.

Meanwhile, Arby's has just switched from Pepsi to Coke.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 15, 2018, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on May 15, 2018, 06:47:12 AM

I know Subway has been switching to Pepsi in most countries outside the United States in recent years, and once their contract with Coke in the U.S. comes up for renewal I except them to switch.

And they also said they're closing 500 stores within the US.  So that matches up with every other dumb-ass move they've made.

jakeroot

I don't know if I'd called moving from Coke to Pepsi a "dumb-ass" move. For every person that I meet who likes Coke, I meet another person who likes Pepsi. It's not like everybody prefers Coke.

Now, it could be more of a regional thing then I realize. I've heard that, in the South, pop is referred to as just Coke. That's a bit strange, and may lend itself to a preference.

kphoger

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 14, 2018, 08:19:30 AM
orange ... can stain too!

No kidding!  You reminded me of a camping trip a few years ago, where my friend's son ended up covered in orange soda and dirt.  Those clothes went right into the trash can.

By the way...  Whodathunk we'd make it to Reply #166 in a thread about soda machines?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: SSOWorld on May 12, 2018, 11:43:19 AM
Anyone see how ungodly expensive it is to have these?

No, but I don't own a restaurant or gas station or movie theater, so...

jakeroot

I have noticed that the Freestyle (and similar) machines don't have the gas-in-the-line issues like standard soda machines. I assume this is related to the air-mix nozzle just being of a different design than a typical soda machine. This is nice, especially with larger drinks.

noelbotevera

I do like the machines, and the broad array of flavors they provide. Issue with the flavor selection...why? Who would want Coke and lime together?

Another thing I wish  you could do is mix drinks to make really dumb soda combinations. It wouldn't even be that hard too...redirect the nozzle into a reservoir, store the soda, then (if you want to mix another drink) prompt the user to switch to another drink, dispense more soda, and then dispense their mixture. If you don't want to mix drinks, then you can just immediately pour whatever soda you want.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

abefroman329

Obviously someone wants Diet Coke and lime, or they wouldn't be offering it!

Big John

^^ And Diet Coke is available outside the freestyle machines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_Coke_Lime

webny99

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 17, 2018, 10:12:39 PM
Obviously someone wants Diet Coke and lime, or they wouldn't be offering it!

It's barely distinguishable from regular diet coke. And it's certainly not worse-tasting.

Quote from: kphoger on May 15, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
By the way...  Whodathunk we'd make it to Reply #166 in a thread about soda machines?

Whoever thunk it probably also thunk we'd make it to Reply #652 in a thread about DST...  :pan:

Scott5114

Quote from: webny99 on May 17, 2018, 10:46:37 PM
Whoever thunk it probably also thunk we'd make it to Reply #652 in a thread about DST...  :pan:

Yeah, but we do that twice a year.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 18, 2018, 01:57:58 AM
Quote from: webny99 on May 17, 2018, 10:46:37 PM
Yeah, but we do that twice a year.

Only once this year... I won't forget come fall  ;-)

kphoger

Quote from: noelbotevera on May 17, 2018, 05:28:42 PM
Who would want Coke and lime together?

I like a lime wedge with my Coke.  Pretty darned common in Mexican restaurants, actually.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.