News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Wisdom teeth

Started by tolbs17, April 12, 2021, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 14, 2021, 03:26:53 PM
it's almost impossible to keep the "toothpaste foam" in my mouth and so I have to ... lean over the sink because I will "drool foam" all over the toothbrush and my hand no matter how tightly I try to close my mouth around the toothbrush.

This describes me perfectly, and I use a manual toothbrush.  I envy those who can just walk around the house brushing their teeth.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 13, 2021, 12:47:05 AM
I got my wisdoms out at 17, so it surprises me that that's 10-15 years before the vast majority of people.

I had my left two wisdom teeth removed when I was 21 because one of them was sideways, and the other two removed about two years ago after my dentist recommended it (despite the fact they weren't causing me any issues). I bled a lot after the first removal, but I didn't really have much pain either time. I still remember telling the oral surgeon after the first removal that I didn't need a narcotic for pain, and they were desperately trying to give me one.

Interestingly I had more pain when I broke a crown on another tooth (my right second molar) and had to have what was left of that tooth extracted because the crown couldn't be replaced. I was in terrible, terrible pain for about a week, probably because the remnants of the tooth were difficult to remove (they had to split it open and pull out the pieces).
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

1995hoo

The brush head style I like is the Oral-B "Dual Clean" brush head. It's definitely bigger than some other types, but I feel like I feel it covering more ground and doing a better job. They seem to have disappeared from the stores around here, though, so I order them from Amazon.

The big thing I would recommend to tolbs17 is that if you're having dental issues, or you're having unusual pain (as opposed to just a brief shot of pain from serious cold ice cream or beverages) that you think may be indicative of dental issues, get it examined by a dentist sooner rather than later in order to save yourself bigger dental bills further down the road.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

CNGL-Leudimin

I had one removed last year. I'm fortunate enough to keep another. The other two still haven't come out.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

tolbs17

Mine is growing out more.

tolbs17

And the gum is falling off!

GaryV

Get thee to a dentistry!

index

When I got them taken out when I was 15, I couldn't chew anything for two weeks. My parents only gave me over-boiled chicken noodle soup. For two weeks. Guess who still can't stand even the thought of chicken noodle soup today?
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

kphoger

How does a person's gum "fall off"?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on April 26, 2021, 01:00:47 PM
How does a person's gum "fall off"?
Happens to tr0lls all the time ...
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

tolbs17

I have a gum disease.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.