News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Toilet Enthusiasts?

Started by signalman, September 08, 2019, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Might as well link to this other thread, basically on the topic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 24, 2019, 10:30:44 AM
...people noting problems with the men's room in general, including a lack of rubber mats in front of the urinals such that there were regular puddles on the floor due to people with bad aim. At that point, the female office administrator excused herself from further attendance!

I'll just use this part.

I noticed in my office at work, even though there's 60 or so of us, about evenly divided among men and women, there's never really a problem with the bathroom (at least as far as the men's room goes).  However, when there's visitors in the office, quite often the men will ultimately need to use the men's room.  Suddenly that's when toilets go unflushed, sinks are left on (as we don't have automatic sinks), paper towels are on the floor, etc.  So it would appear our guests, many of whom are trying to look their best to get contracts or commissions or whatever, apparently are also at their worst when it comes to using the bathroom.

cl94

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 24, 2019, 10:30:44 AM
I'll never forget the time someone did that in the men's room AT MY OFFICE in February 2017. They called a men's-only meeting, except the office administrator (who was female) felt she had to attend. I felt sorry for her having to be there. After the initial part of the meeting when one of the male higher-ups said, "There's no delicate way to phrase this: Someone took a dump on the men's room floor," the meeting turned into several people noting problems with the men's room in general, including a lack of rubber mats in front of the urinals such that there were regular puddles on the floor due to people with bad aim. At that point, the female office administrator excused herself from further attendance!

I laughed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard at that.

Quote from: hbelkins on September 24, 2019, 11:48:42 AM
There was a former employee in my office who had huge bowel movements in the restroom of our former office. We had three men's toilets -- one in the bathroom downstairs, and two in the bathroom upstairs. My office was downstairs so that's the one I used unless someone was already in there and I couldn't wait. For some reason, this former employee would use about an entire roll of toilet paper to clean himself up, then walk out without flushing. I wish I had a dollar for every time I needed to go to the restroom and ended up having to plunge the toilet because he couldn't take care of his own mess. One day, I'd had enough. I went down the hall to the manager who was in charge of building facilities, my anger building with every step I took. I'm not sure what all I said when I was venting, but I wasn't happy. Unfortunately, the situation never got any better despite everyone knowing who the guilty party was. I wonder if he does this at home?

He retired a few years ago, and clogged-up toilets ceased to be a problem in our old office building.

This was actually a problem in my freshman dorm. There was one guy who, without fail, would clog one of the wing's 2 toilets within an hour of it being cleaned on Friday. Since bathrooms weren't cleaned on the weekend, this meant we were down to 1 toilet until Monday. On multiple occasions, I ended up having to call the emergency maintenance line because someone would clog the OTHER toilet.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

1995hoo

My current office has a couple of single-sex restrooms and a couple of unisex restrooms. A few of the women adamantly refuse to use the unisex restrooms; one of them said it's because she doesn't like going in and finding the seat up. I pointed out that she should be HAPPY to find the seat up because it confirms that the guy who used it did, in fact, put up the seat (think of stadium restrooms where the seats are invariably covered in spatter or soaked because people take a leak with the seat down). She was rather stunned by that and didn't quite know what to say in response.

My bigger complaint about the unisex ones at my office is that there are a couple of people who apparently forget to lock the doors (naturally, the unisex ones are one-holers with shitters only, no urinals). I always knock now because on two separate occasions I've opened the door to find some dude sitting there taking a crap. One of them had the nerve to yell at ME for opening the door, as if it was my fault he didn't lock the door (and once the door closed I rather profanely told him to lock the door in the future). I suppose, in retrospect, I'm thankful it was a guy and not a female in there at the time. Even though it's the fault of the person who doesn't lock the door, I have a feeling I would have wound up in some sort of trouble had I opened the door on a woman sitting on the toilet.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Rothman

I have had more than one friend that has been a janitor and they all say women's bathrooms are dirtier than men's.

Women spray the seats, just one example.  Actually a woman I know does so somewhat proudly -- "I don't know who sat there before me, so I'll squat over it!" is along the lines of her logic.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Of the times I've used the women's room, I found basically no difference in cleanliness to the men's room.  People don't typically throw feces and garbage around the room, no matter their sex, nor do janitors typically avoid cleaning one or the other.  The main difference I've found is that a lot of men seem to lack the ability to replace the toilet paper roll;  they'll just open a new roll, leave the empty tube on the holder, and stick the new one on the back of the toilet or on the handrail or whatever.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MNHighwayMan

I worked in the janitorial department of a grocery store in high school. I will confirm Rothman's friends' accounts that the woman's restroom was usually messier than the men's. Biggest question I always had was, WHAT IS WITH ALL THE PAPER BITS?! They were everywhere. Toilet paper, paper towels, mystery bits... doesn't matter. It was like women enjoyed shredding paper while doing their business.

bandit957

In middle school, the big thing was to throw soaking wet toilet paper at the ceiling so it would stick. And peeing on the floor.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

cl94

Quote from: Rothman on September 25, 2019, 10:08:30 PM
I have had more than one friend that has been a janitor and they all say women's bathrooms are dirtier than men's.

Women spray the seats, just one example.  Actually a woman I know does so somewhat proudly -- "I don't know who sat there before me, so I'll squat over it!" is along the lines of her logic.

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 26, 2019, 12:03:59 PM
I worked in the janitorial department of a grocery store in high school. I will confirm Rothman's friends' accounts that the woman's restroom was usually messier than the men's. Biggest question I always had was, WHAT IS WITH ALL THE PAPER BITS?! They were everywhere. Toilet paper, paper towels, mystery bits... doesn't matter. It was like women enjoyed shredding paper while doing their business.

A high school friend of mine who worked at a grocery store said the same thing. He had quite a few stories about not only the customer restroom, but also the EMPLOYEE women's room.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

kphoger

Quote from: bandit957 on September 26, 2019, 12:05:27 PM
In middle school, the big thing was to throw soaking wet toilet paper at the ceiling so it would stick. And peeing on the floor.

WTF kind of school did you grow up in?  Your stories make me glad I wasn't there.
Male pronouns, please.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: kphoger on September 26, 2019, 12:51:02 PM
WTF kind of school did you grow up in?  Your stories make me glad I wasn't there.

I remember hearing about the toilet paper thing when I was in school, but it was by no means popular.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on September 26, 2019, 11:52:56 AM
The main difference I've found is that a lot of men seem to lack the ability to replace the toilet paper roll;  they'll just open a new roll, leave the empty tube on the holder, and stick the new one on the back of the toilet or on the handrail or whatever.

Ha. You've got me there.
It depends on the type of toilet paper holder it is. If it looks complicated (or is hidden beneath a cover, like the ones we have at work), I will not waste a single second trying to figure it out. Come to think of it, there are only 2 main ones that I will replace: easy pop in and out, and slide on and off. That's it - anything more complicated than those shouldn't be on the market! :-P

GaryV

Most public rest rooms I've used have TP fixtures where you don't replace the rolls.  They are locked in, so no one steals that valuable TP.  Right, cause I want to take that thin scratchy stuff home to use.

kphoger

Of course I wasn't referring to those contraptions.  I'm talking about regular ol' TP holders.
Male pronouns, please.

dlsterner

Quote from: kphoger on September 26, 2019, 12:51:02 PM

At least they didn't throw the soaking wet toilet paper the floor, and pee on the ceiling.

bandit957

Quote from: dlsterner on September 27, 2019, 12:28:13 AM
At least they didn't throw the soaking wet toilet paper the floor, and pee on the ceiling.

They tried.

kphoger

Quote from: bandit957 on September 27, 2019, 12:29:12 AM
They tried.

Pretty pathetic, if you can't even manage to hit the floor with a wet wad of TP.
Male pronouns, please.

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: GaryV on September 26, 2019, 04:09:02 PM
Most public rest rooms I've used have TP fixtures where you don't replace the rolls.  They are locked in, so no one steals that valuable TP.  Right, cause I want to take that thin scratchy stuff home to use.

It's to keep kids from stealing TP to decorate someone's yard with.  Or clogging the toilet with, or many other uses in this thread.

I worked for a few years in the warehouse that supplies local (this is a private enough board, I think I can get away with saying) 7-Eleven stores.  Every month in the meeting the bosses ranted about how dirty the bathrooms are, and how we need to be more careful.  It wasn't until I worked other places that I realized the other places regularly clean the rooms ever week or more often.  Finally they broke down and hired a mother and son who argued with each other the whole time to clean the room.  Even though they rarely cleaned the rooms, I got paid more at that job than at subsequent jobs, so now I know where my money is going.

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on September 26, 2019, 02:15:53 PM
The main difference I've found is that a lot of men seem to lack the ability to replace the toilet paper roll;  they'll just open a new roll, leave the empty tube on the holder, and stick the new one on the back of the toilet or on the handrail or whatever.

Ha. You've got me there.
It depends on the type of toilet paper holder it is. If it looks complicated (or is hidden beneath a cover, like the ones we have at work), I will not waste a single second trying to figure it out. Come to think of it, there are only 2 main ones that I will replace: easy pop in and out, and slide on and off. That's it - anything more complicated than those shouldn't be on the market! :-P

How about this in our powder room at home? You simply lift up the right end, pull off the old roll, and put on the new one.

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 27, 2019, 09:06:33 PM
Quote from: webny99 on September 26, 2019, 02:15:53 PM
Ha. You've got me there.

How about this in our powder room at home? You simply lift up the right end, pull off the old roll, and put on the new one.

Yep, I can handle that. It's not a perfect match with the first one I linked to, but I would categorize it very generally with "easy pop in and out".

Brian556

I work at Target. The women's restroom is always way worse. (granted about 80% of our customers are women) The floor is covered with pieces of toilet paper. They very frequently clog the toilets. Yesterday they clogged the pipe in the wall and caused three toilets to overflow. We had to call a plumber.

The employee-only women's restroom for the longest time has a very strong putrid smell like dead fish. Don't know who was doing it, but the smell is gone now. I'm wondering if it was from somebody with messed up bowels, or if it was the tampon container next to the toilet not being cleaned out. One of the guys told me that "bad pussy" can smell like that

bandit957

One of my most hilarious memories of elementary school is when a student crapped on the toilet seat, peed on the bathroom floor, and overflowed the toilet by flushing a whole roll of toilet paper. This was at a Catholic school, and an elderly nun called all the students into a classroom for an uproarious lecture about it. I had a really hard time holding in my laughter.

At a public school in 5th grade, our teacher lectured the class because someone was putting toilet paper all over the toilet seat and peeing on it.

ozarkman417

Regarding Elementary school... because just about any school has something wrong with their restrooms for one reason or another:

-The people who designed it obviously didn't do a good job with the stalls- I'm 6" and I can see over the stall doors.
-Way too many kindergarteners pull their pants ALL the way down.
-Some kid in 2013 (3rd grade) slammed his head in to a mirror, broke it and it took about five years to replace it...

Back to High School... just today since kid stole the soap from the soap dispenser for the second time this week and started the "piss corner" where they pee in the corner of the restroom instead on the toilet. Watch your step!

vdeane

Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 03, 2019, 09:43:14 PM
-The people who designed it obviously didn't do a good job with the stalls- I'm 6" and I can see over the stall doors.
You're only 6 inches tall!? :wow:
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

1995hoo

I went into a unisex restroom at the office today and found what looked like blood on the front portion of the seat.  :angry: 🤮

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.