KDOT Contract Lettings - Updated Monthly since April 2015.

Started by route56, April 10, 2015, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cappicard

Quote from: situveux1 on April 12, 2015, 12:48:28 PM
My apologies if this isn't the appropriate thread for this question/comment, but has anyone noticed the low quality of work by KDOT on re-signing projects lately? I-135 in Harvey County was just done I noticed and there were several wood posts that were bent over and clearly low quality. I could even see it when driving by at 75mph. Also, they used white directional signs atop the 135 shields thru the whole county instead of white on blue background interstate directional signs. Then I saw they used the blue directional signs on US-56 in McPherson. Yea, I know it's not that big of a deal, but if we're paying for new signs, shouldn't they be correctly placed and marked and better than what was there before? Does KDOT do any follow up on their contractors to make sure they've done everything right?
Yes, K-177 being signed with generic circular shields at Pierre and 4th Streets in Manhattan.

I remember K-32 being signed generically during the 635/70 interchange rebuild in '06 at northbound 635.

route56

Quote from: cappicard on October 05, 2015, 10:17:25 AM
Yes, K-177 being signed with generic circular shields at Pierre and 4th Streets in Manhattan.

I remember K-32 being signed generically during the 635/70 interchange rebuild in '06 at northbound 635.

Both of those sound like a local/construction contractor issue, rather than a KDOT one.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

cappicard

Probably.

The K-153 Spur advance exit sign on southbound K-61 (just south of McPherson) is probably the same  too.   This features the sunflower outlined in black.

This sign has been like that for over 10 years though.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.335723,-97.666608,3a,75y,249.78h,80.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9YZGlUUUbHf7u9UbMTKlBw!2e0

iPhone

J N Winkler

Quote from: cappicard on October 08, 2015, 01:34:29 AMThe K-153 Spur advance exit sign on southbound K-61 (just south of McPherson) is probably the same  too.   This features the sunflower outlined in black.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.335723,-97.666608,3a,75y,249.78h,80.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9YZGlUUUbHf7u9UbMTKlBw!2e0

It also looks like the fabricator stretched a two-digit sunflower shield instead of using the correct three-digit shield, since the petals are wider on top than on the sides.  This is a fairly uncommon mistake with the sunflower, though it is common as dirt with the independent-mount US route marker.

I am finding that both US and Kansas guide-sign route shields outlined in black, as either a solid or inset border, are fairly common in some parts of the state.  Emporia, for example, is full of them on K-99 through town.

In Kiowa in Barber County, either KDOT or a contractor outsmarted himself or herself when replacing K-2 shields.  "2" appears in either Series E Modified or Series F rather than the usual Series D, fluorescent yellow sheeting is used, and--to cap everything off--the sunflower petals hook counterclockwise instead of clockwise.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

cappicard

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 08, 2015, 12:14:44 PM
Quote from: cappicard on October 08, 2015, 01:34:29 AMThe K-153 Spur advance exit sign on southbound K-61 (just south of McPherson) is probably the same  too.   This features the sunflower outlined in black.

It also looks like the fabricator stretched a two-digit sunflower shield instead of using the correct three-digit shield, since the petals are wider on top than on the sides.  This is a fairly uncommon mistake with the sunflower, though it is common as dirt with the independent-mount US route marker.

I am finding that both US and Kansas guide-sign route shields outlined in black, as either a solid or inset border, are fairly common in some parts of the state.  Emporia, for example, is full of them on K-99 through town.

In Kiowa in Barber County, either KDOT or a contractor outsmarted himself or herself when replacing K-2 shields.  "2" appears in either Series E Modified or Series F rather than the usual Series D, fluorescent yellow sheeting is used, and--to cap everything off--the sunflower petals hook counterclockwise instead of clockwise.
Reminds me of the infamous Maple Hill/K-30 advanced exit sign on eastbound I-70.  It has the town name in all caps.

https://goo.gl/maps/QpzeRKQ9jBJ2

The advance exit sign for Enterprise (west of Chapman) has the same thing.

cappicard

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 08, 2015, 12:14:44 PM

The Westbound guide signs along 435 have square black borders for the us 69 shields.  Abit odd for Kansas. I've seen them more often in Missouri.

iPhone

cappicard

route56

November, 2015

35-56 KA 4110-01: Signage replacement on I-35 between the Emporia Interchange on the Turnpike and the Lyon/Coffey county line
181-62 KA 2072-01: Bridge Replacement south of Hunter. One lane shoo-fly detour.
140-85 KA 3092-01: Culvert replacement near Brookville. One lane of traffic through the workzone.
9-74 KA 3095-01: Culvert replacement east of Glade. Detour via US 183, US 36, and US 281
68-30 KA 2097-01: Bridge replacement over the Marais Des Cynges 4 miles west of Ottawa. One lane through the workzone controlled by signals.
13 C 4675-01: Signage replacement in Clark County. Special text "Minimum Maintenance" and "Open Range" signs
83-41 KA 1008-05: Reconstruction of US 83 in Haskell County, including an interchange at the north junction with US 160/K-144. Detours for US 160 and K-144 during parts of the project.
42 C 4679-01: Signage project in Hodgeman County. Special sign: "Trucks entering 500 ft"
43 C 4693-01: Bridge replacement on a county road west of Dennison. Road closed during construction.
77-18 KA 3053-01: Reconstruction of Main Street in Winfield from 4th to 7th.
50-35 KA 3553-01: Reconstruction of "A" Avenue in Cimarron from Pine to Main

R.P.K.

Scott5114

Quote from: route56 on November 04, 2015, 10:52:04 PM
November, 2015

35-56 KA 4110-01: Signage replacement on I-35 between the Emporia Interchange on the Turnpike and the Lyon/Coffey county line

These signs aren't really that old; they date to the reconstruction of this segment of I-35 back in the early 2000s. Does KDOT use a 10-year replacement cycle or something?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 08:48:11 AMThese signs aren't really that old; they date to the reconstruction of this segment of I-35 back in the early 2000s. Does KDOT use a 10-year replacement cycle or something?

I think it is more like 15-20 years and I don't recall these segments of I-35 being reconstructed in the early noughties--I think current pavement on the Emporia bypass (Turnpike to US 50 exit east of town) dates from the mid-nineties, while the pavement immediately east of it is only a little newer and has already been overlaid once.

Edit:  Rather than rely on my memory, which is not necessarily reliable, I thought I'd go to KDOT's pavement summary map for answers.  It gives 2003 as the last-constructed date for I-35 east of the US 50 exit (this was presumably when the bituminous overlay was applied to the existing concrete pavement), and 1993 as the last-constructed date for the jointed plain concrete pavement on the Emporia bypass.

The usual rule of thumb is that KDOT replaces signs as part of full-depth pavement reconstruction, but not necessarily when applying overlays.  On that basis the Emporia bypass signs are due for replacement at 21 years of age, while the signs on I-35 east of US 50 are of indeterminate age but probably date back to a pure sign refurbishment that occurred a few years before the 2003 overlay.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Scott5114

That seems awfully early. I seem to recall the reconstruction through Emporia, which I wouldn't have been able to do if it took place in 1993. Perhaps I'm thinking of the portion east of US-50, though. 2003 sounds like the time period I'm thinking of, so that may be it. I don't think it has gotten an overlay yet; I will be in the area on the 25th so I can check.

I do know for certain that the signs east of US-50 were replaced when the pavement was reconstructed, because there were some legend changes on the signs. An exit that was once signed for simply "County Road" became "County Road R1", while the baffling "Thorndale"–I can find no reference to any place by that name at all on maps, but I do have written record of that being on the sign–became "County Road U".

Strangely, there is a gap in Coffey and Osage counties on I-35 between the 2000s reconstruction projects. This gap falls between the Lyon—Coffey county line and the start of the Ottawa bypass reconstruction in Franklin County. While the road surface is not terrible, it is quite a bit worse than the reconstructed segments on either side of it.

I have kept track of the segment of I-35 between Emporia and Kansas City fairly well considering how far from home it is, because it's the route we used on biennial visits to Kansas City. As a kid and teenager this was one of the few segments of out-of-state Interstate that I got to experience regularly, so I was hyper-attentive to details on it. I do clearly remember many of the reconstruction projects that took place on it, including the above-mentioned one and the one through Franklin County. These were fascinating because I had never seen OkDOT do such a thing.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J N Winkler

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PMThat seems awfully early. I seem to recall the reconstruction through Emporia, which I wouldn't have been able to do if it took place in 1993. Perhaps I'm thinking of the portion east of US-50, though. 2003 sounds like the time period I'm thinking of, so that may be it. I don't think it has gotten an overlay yet; I will be in the area on the 25th so I can check.

It may be that I am misremembering.  I have always remembered the length east of the US 50 exit as being asphalt, with reflective cracking at typical concrete joint spacing.  However, the KDOT pavement summary is not clear about whether a surface described as asphalt overlaid on Portland cement concrete, "last constructed" in 2002 and "last improved" in 2012, received an overlay in 2002 and then again (maybe microsurfacing?) in 2012, or if it received full-depth reconstruction in Portland cement in 2003 and then an asphalt overlay in 2012.  I am inclining toward the latter explanation since the rigid (concrete) layer is described as being 305 mm (12 in) thick, and KDOT's twelve-inch Portland cement concrete policy for Interstates that carry heavy truck traffic dates from the mid-1990's at earliest.

I don't remember ever seeing bare concrete on this stretch, but my memory is unreliable since there was a period of time between 2003 and 2012 when I did not drive to Kansas City at all.  It may be that reconstruction in Portland cement concrete failed early and KDOT had to overlay it, and this all happened between consecutive trips I made to Kansas City.  I can assure you, however, that the running surface is now asphalt as of my last trip there almost three weeks ago.

I was at KSU from 1993 to 1998 and occasionally passed through Emporia on roadtrips or while moving between Wichita and DC for the summer.  The Emporia bypass was concrete and was never under construction at any of the times I drove it.  However, KDOT seems to have applied an asphalt overlay to a short segment from Burlingame Road to the US 50 exit around 2000.

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PMI do know for certain that the signs east of US-50 were replaced when the pavement was reconstructed, because there were some legend changes on the signs. An exit that was once signed for simply "County Road" became "County Road R1", while the baffling "Thorndale"–I can find no reference to any place by that name at all on maps, but I do have written record of that being on the sign–became "County Road U".

I don't remember Thorndale, but besides your records, I wonder if it survived on one of the early exit lists (Highway Heaven or something like that).  It appears to be the kind of place whose location you know if you are local.  I found this Facebook reference:

https://www.facebook.com/events/397256283731044/permalink/397384017051604/

(Road P5 is actually a few miles west of Road U.)  Thorndale is not among the townships or unincorporated communities Wikipedia lists for Lyon County.  Newspapers.com turns up a 1973 Emporia Gazette reference to a "Thorndale Subdivision" in a legal notice, but it doesn't seem substantial enough to blow a free trial to venture further.

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PMStrangely, there is a gap in Coffey and Osage counties on I-35 between the 2000s reconstruction projects. This gap falls between the Lyon—Coffey county line and the start of the Ottawa bypass reconstruction in Franklin County. While the road surface is not terrible, it is quite a bit worse than the reconstructed segments on either side of it.

This part of I-35 includes three segments.  The easternmost of the three, in eastern Osage and western Franklin counties, runs through the Chippewa Hills between the K-31 Waverly exit and US 59 southbound just outside Ottawa.  It was reconstructed in Portland cement concrete 1995-1998; when I was at KSU, this was the length of free I-35 that always had head-to-head traffic somewhere.  It has not been overlaid but is starting to have joint problems.

The middle segment, US 75 Lyndon/Burlington exit (Beto Junction) to K-31 Waverly exit, is original 1972 asphalt pavement, last overlaid in 2006.  The western segment, Lyon/Coffey county line east to Beto Junction, was reconstructed in Portland cement concrete in 2005 and nothing about its surface condition sticks out in my memory.

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PMI have kept track of the segment of I-35 between Emporia and Kansas City fairly well considering how far from home it is, because it's the route we used on biennial visits to Kansas City. As a kid and teenager this was one of the few segments of out-of-state Interstate that I got to experience regularly, so I was hyper-attentive to details on it. I do clearly remember many of the reconstruction projects that took place on it, including the above-mentioned one and the one through Franklin County. These were fascinating because I had never seen OkDOT do such a thing.

I was a newly minted driver at the time, teaching myself how to do my own car repairs and learning all about how synthetic oils can make a car last virtually forever (subject to all kinds of asterisked qualifiers), so I was really proud of the fact that each of us in Kansas was saving hundreds of dollars annually on suspension wear and tear by rebuilding the Interstates.  But after twenty years' worth of opportunity to observe premature failures of what were supposed to be "lifetime" pavements, I have somewhat gone sour on this work.

The first ten-year comprehensive highway program included the relocation and full-depth reconstruction of US 50 in Portland cement concrete between Newton and Florence.  This was done in three major segments, two of which were relocation while the third (between Newton and Walton) was full-depth reconstruction on the original subgrade with all traffic detoured via K-15 and a county road which KDOT repaved at its own expense.  Some bright spark at KDOT had the idea to use a sealant rather than an asphalt layer to waterproof the subgrade prior to laying concrete.  When the new road opened, we had a couple of trouble-free years to enjoy the vastly improved geometry and increased passing opportunity (passing lanes were provided).  But then the sealant failed, so water got into the subgrade, slabs started cracking, etc.  KDOT spent years retrofitting dowels, cutting out and replacing failed slabs, etc. before it finally threw in the towel and put down an asphalt overlay.  In the end, the only part of the finished improvement that was more or less free of problems was on top of dirt that had already been tightly compacted under fifty or sixty years' worth of traffic.

cappicard

Quote from: J N Winkler on November 05, 2015, 10:44:55 PM
I was at KSU from 1993 to 1998 and occasionally passed through Emporia on roadtrips or while moving between Wichita and DC for the summer.  The Emporia bypass was concrete and was never under construction at any of the times I drove it.  However, KDOT seems to have applied an asphalt overlay to a short segment from Burlingame Road to the US 50 exit around 2000.
Ah, I was at K-State from 1995 through 2002.  Do you recall when a Fort Riley soldier drove a tank over the Kansas River Bridge on K-18 around '97 or so? He/she compromised the bridge to the point it was shut down for a few weeks for repair.

situveux1

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PM
That seems awfully early. I seem to recall the reconstruction through Emporia, which I wouldn't have been able to do if it took place in 1993. Perhaps I'm thinking of the portion east of US-50, though. 2003 sounds like the time period I'm thinking of, so that may be it. I don't think it has gotten an overlay yet; I will be in the area on the 25th so I can check.

I do know for certain that the signs east of US-50 were replaced when the pavement was reconstructed, because there were some legend changes on the signs. An exit that was once signed for simply "County Road" became "County Road R1", while the baffling "Thorndale"–I can find no reference to any place by that name at all on maps, but I do have written record of that being on the sign–became "County Road U".

Strangely, there is a gap in Coffey and Osage counties on I-35 between the 2000s reconstruction projects. This gap falls between the Lyon—Coffey county line and the start of the Ottawa bypass reconstruction in Franklin County. While the road surface is not terrible, it is quite a bit worse than the reconstructed segments on either side of it.

I have kept track of the segment of I-35 between Emporia and Kansas City fairly well considering how far from home it is, because it's the route we used on biennial visits to Kansas City. As a kid and teenager this was one of the few segments of out-of-state Interstate that I got to experience regularly, so I was hyper-attentive to details on it. I do clearly remember many of the reconstruction projects that took place on it, including the above-mentioned one and the one through Franklin County. These were fascinating because I had never seen OkDOT do such a thing.

I remember the Thorndale exit. Pretty sure there was a place in the road to the north that went by that name but it may have been so long it's not even recorded anywhere anymore. I was in high school when all of the work around the immediate Emporia area was done, so that would have been late 90's. The major reconstruction in Coffey County was done in the early to mid 2000's when we still lived in Emporia. I never did understand why they went back to asphalt when everything else between KC and Emporia is concrete. They even shut down each side and had head to head traffic. I guess maybe the base there was still in good enough condition.

route56

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 05, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

ISTR the original signs long enough that they were on an older version of my I-35 exit guide.

Obviously, those original sign names date back to before Lyon County adopted its E-911 system.

Surprisingly, the exit for 341st Street on US 75 just north of BETO Junction is still signed "Township Road."

I also remember the original signs for the K-10 exits in Douglas County. The E 1900 Road and N 1400 Road exits east and west of Eudora were signed "County Road" while the Church Street/E 2200 Road exit was signed as "Eudora." Eventually, the original legend was demounted and CR-1057, CR-442, and CR-1061 shields were tacked on to the signs. The road names were not added until after a wholesale signage replacement ~2002.

R.P.K.

route56

December, 2015

99-99 KA 2111-01: Bridge Replacement on K-99 south of Alma. One lane of traffic through the work zone controlled by signals.

128-45 KA 3088-01: Bridge replacement on K-128 ~ 1 mile north of the US 36 junction. One lane of traffic through the work zone controlled by signals. Special "MAX LANE WIDTH 11'-0" XX MILES AHEAD" BOSs.... One of which will be placed in Nebraska soil.

56-59 KA 2192-01: Reconstruction of Kansas Avenue in McPherson from Baer/Eby Streets to I-135. Includes two new signals (FYA alert!)

160-39 KA 2098-01: Replacement of five bridges/culverts between Attica and the K-2 junction. Traffic carried on shoo-fly detours.

87 N 0606-01: Reconstruction of 53rd Street North from I-135 east to the east city limits of Park City.

68 C 4682-01: Major Collector signage in Southeastern Ness County. No 'special' signage.

57 C 4687-01: Reconstruction of 130th and Nighthawk Road north of Peabody.

37 C 4627-01: Bridge replacement over the Verdigris river southeast of Madison

36-58 KA 3558-01: Reconstruction of Center Street in Marysville. Includes a new traffic signal (3-head RYGs only) at 20th.

R.P.K.

route56

January, 2016

69-46 KA 3084-01: Replacement of the northbound US 69 bridge over the Blue River in southern Johnson County.

83-97 KA 3081-01: Culvert Replacement over the North Fork of the Solomon River just south of the US 83/US 24 junction in Thomas County. Traffic carried through on a shoo-fly detour.

196-8 KA 3104-01: Replacement of multiple bridges near Potwin. Detour using K-254 and I-135

83-41 KA 1008-05: Reconstruction of US 83 in Haskell County, including an interchange at the north junction with US 160/K-144. Detours for US 160 and K-144 during parts of the project. Was originally in the November letting; however, it either got pulled, or the bids were rejected

65 C 4686-01: Signage replacement on Major Collectors in Southern Morton County. Special sign: "NO THRU COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC without in-county destination by order of County Commissioners County Resolution 2009-9" (why not use the standard R5-4?)

54-88 KA 2385-02: Widening a section of US 54 in Seward County from 2 to 4 lanes on new nearby alignment. Existing US 54 will be eradicated.

105 N 0599-01: Reconstruction of Merriam Lane (fka Southwest Boulevard/K-10) from the Wyandotte/Johnson County line to 24th Street. Two lanes + bike lanes.

24-97 KA 3550-01: Reconstruction of 4th Street (US 24) in Colby. Two lanes of traffic through the work zone.

166-63 KA 3039-01: Reconstruction of the intersection of US 166 and 8th Street in Coffeyville.

R.P.K.

J N Winkler

Quote from: route56 on December 23, 2015, 01:45:13 PM65 C 4686-01: Signage replacement on Major Collectors in Southern Morton County. Special sign: "NO THRU COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC without in-county destination by order of County Commissioners County Resolution 2009-9" (why not use the standard R5-4?)

R5-4 would not be appropriate for this application because it is a general prohibitory sign for commercial vehicles, while the intent here is to prohibit such vehicles except for access to a destination within the county.

This type of sign is quite common even close to Wichita.  Sedgwick County does not use it, but I know Kingman and Reno Counties do, and I think Harper and Barber Counties do as well.  I am not sure it is enforceable except through the honor system (trusting truckers not to use county-maintained roads to rat-run between points on the KDOT-maintained system).

In the past some of these rural, low-tax-base counties have tried to deal with truck traffic by placing weight limits on some of their roads and then having the county sheriff enforce them, only to run into trouble with the state since enforcement of weight limits is vested exclusively in the state treasurer's office.

cappicard

These K-177 shields are quite the odd lot in Manhattan.

route56

Quote from: J N Winkler on December 23, 2015, 09:28:43 PM
R5-4 would not be appropriate for this application because it is a general prohibitory sign for commercial vehicles, while the intent here is to prohibit such vehicles except for access to a destination within the county.

This type of sign is quite common even close to Wichita. 

It's also not uncommon up here.

Jefferson County has used a similar sign up here: "This road closed to thru commercial traffic by order of Jefferson County Commission...." However, some recent signage replacements have used either the 2003 or 2009 version of the R5-4.

Leavenworth County also has commercial traffic restrictions on certain major collectors. I've only seen them use the 2003 R5-4.

R.P.K.

route56

64 TE 382-01: Riverwalk Trail along the east bank of the Neoso in Council Grove.

56-5 KA-2051-01:Reconstruction of Santa Fe Avenue in Ellinwood. Includes a new signal at Santa Fe and Main. Also, there's a marked golf-cart path crossing. Because the K&O (nee Santa Fe) line runs parallel to the highway, the signal also has crossing preemption.

235-87 KA 3109-01: Reconstruction of I-235 between K-96 and Zoo, including new bridges and culverts.

74 C 4698-01: Bridge replacement on W 700 Road in Phillips County near Woodruff.

92 C 4704-01: Bridge replacement southeast of Smith Center

5 TE 375-01 and  5 TE 423-01: interconnected projcects to construct a new Scenic Overllook on K-4 between Claflin and Redwing

14-62 KA 3045-01: Reconstruction of a segment of Independence Avenue in Beloit.

R.P.K.

cappicard

Quote from: J N Winkler on December 23, 2015, 09:28:43 PM

This type of sign is quite common even close to Wichita.  Sedgwick County does not use it, but I know Kingman and Reno Counties do, and I think Harper and Barber Counties do as well.  I am not sure it is enforceable except through the honor system (trusting truckers not to use county-maintained roads to rat-run between points on the KDOT-maintained system).

In the past some of these rural, low-tax-base counties have tried to deal with truck traffic by placing weight limits on some of their roads and then having the county sheriff enforce them, only to run into trouble with the state since enforcement of weight limits is vested exclusively in the state treasurer's office.
Last year, Olathe started banning through commercial truck traffic on Renner Boulevard from 119th St north to the city limits (just south of 116th St).  They just use R5-2 signs to indicate this.

route56

March, 2016

159-3 KA-3077-01: Bridge replacement on US 159/K-9 north of Effingham. Traffic detoured from the east junction of US-159 and K-9 via US 73.

77-31 KA-2367-04: Reconstruction of the US77/K-18 in Junction City, changing the interchange from a folded diamond to a regular diamond.

56-64 KA-3089-01: Bridge replacement northwest of Wilsey.

7-11 KA-1586-01: Major reconstruction (three volumes of Plan Sheets) of K-7 between US 400 and US 69/160. Traffic Detoured via US 400 and US 69.

60 C-4685-01: "High Risk" Major collector signage in Meade County. Special "Open Range" sign.

160-60 KA-4011-01: Bridge replacement on US 160 east of Meade. Detour via US 54 and US 283.

95 C-0308-02: Safe Routes to School project in Hugoton.

8 C-4655-01: Replacment of a bridge on SW Prairie Creek Road over Dry Creek northeast of Andover. Road to be closed during construction.

35-106 KA-4001-01: ITS implementation in Lyon, Coffey, Osage, and Franklin counties

R.P.K.

route56

April, 2016

105 N-0636-01: "12th and 10th Street Bikeway"  Adding bike lanes and Shared bike lane markings from the 12th Street Bridge over the Kansas River to 10th and Quindaro.

70-97 KA-4222-01: Lighting upgrade for the rest areas on I-70 west of Colby

70-97 KA-4222-01: Reconstruction of a section of Flush Road in Pottawatomie County near the intersection with John Scott Road just north of St. George

9-101 KA-3557-01: Reconstruction of K-9 through Clifton

81-96 KA-3107-01: Culvert replacement on US 81 in Caldwell. One lane of traffic carried through construction. Of note, the work zone is located close to a rail line (UP Enid Sub)

73-52 KA-3041-01: Reconstruction of 4th and Poplar in Leavenworth. Traffic to remain carried on 4th, but Poplar will be closed.

39-67 KA-1613-01: Replacement of two bridges east of Chanute. Traffic Detoured via US 169, K-47, and US 59

R.P.K.

kphoger

Quote from: J N Winkler on November 05, 2015, 10:44:55 PM
I don't remember Thorndale, but besides your records, I wonder if it survived on one of the early exit lists (Highway Heaven or something like that).  It appears to be the kind of place whose location you know if you are local.

This is Thorndale:
https://goo.gl/maps/gB5E8ypVemQ2
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.