News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

An enjoyable trip, celebrating my daughter's graduation from college and despite hitting rush hour in NYC:

NY/MA: I-90
MA/CT: I-91
CT/NY: I-95
NY/NJ: I-78
NJ/PA: I-80
PA/NY: I-81

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

zzcarp

I had a work trip at the beginning of the month. I left Colorado via I-25 towards Raton and returned on I-70 from Kansas.
So many miles and so many roads

US 89

Left Florida on US 319, returned on I-95 (thus completing my clinch of all interstate mileage in Georgia).

Rothman

NY/PA: I-81
PA/MD: I-81
MD/WV: I-81
WV/VA: WV Trunk Secondary Road 26, Runnymeade Road/VA 739
VA/WV: VA 127/WV 127
WV/VA: WV 127/VA 127
VA/WV: US 522
WV/VA: US 522
VA/WV: I-81
WV/MD: I-81
MD/PA: I-81
PA/NY: I-81
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

zzcarp

I briefly jaunted into Kansas to tag Mount Sunflower (Kansas's high point). I left CO on Cheyenne County Road DD/Tumbleweed Road and returned to CO a few miles south of there on US 40.
So many miles and so many roads

PurdueBill

Most recently, OH→IN on I-70 (ugh); IN→OH on US 30 (much better).

I can think of some interesting other ones over the years like one time when I lived in NC and drove to DE (NC→VA on US 13; VA→NC on I-95).

MikieTimT

AR-43->MO-43 to go to Grand Lake tubing on Saturday.

MO-43->AR-43 that evening after passing within a few feet of the AR/MO/OK Tripoint for the second time that day, and shortly thereafter just about plowed a fawn running across the road after its mama.  Couldn't dodge while pulling a boat, but did manage to brake hard enough to miss and alarm everyone in the truck.  If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!  Would have been the second time I hit a deer with the truck while loaded otherwise.  First time was with a Lance 1161 truck camper in the bed leaving the north rim of the Grand Canyon back in '04.  Was coming around a corner already, so no swerving would have been possible without running into the oncoming lane around a blind corner, or tumping over sideways trying to turn right harder.  Deer went flying through the air as viewed in my outside left mirror.  Pulled over at the next available turn out and checked out the front end.  Tuft of hair stuck between the chrome and plastic on the front bumper, but no damage to the truck.  Can't vouch for the flying deer.

Ted$8roadFan

Last Friday, I left Massachusetts on MA/RI-146. Today, I returned via I-95.

Dough4872

This past weekend, left and returned to PA via I-95 at the DE border

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

fwydriver405

For my Québec trip last month, I left Maine (and the USA) via US 201 (and Maine Route 6) which changed to Québec Route 173 en route to Québec.

Returning from Montréal to the United States, I used Québec Route 133 and future Autoroute 35 which changed into Interstate 89 in Vermont (and a full clinch of I-89 as well!).

NH Route 4 into Maine Route 4 was used to re-enter the State of Maine.

jmacswimmer

Every border crossing from a recent trip all over New England:

MD/PA: I-83
PA/NJ: I-78
NJ/NY: I-287
NY/MA: I-90
MA/VT: I-91
VT/NH: I-93
NH/ME: US 302
ME/NH: I-95
NH/MA: I-95
MA/CT: I-84
CT/NY: CT 15 Merritt Pkwy/Hutchinson River Pkwy
NY/NJ: I-287
NJ/PA: I-78
PA/MD: I-83
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

bugo

sprjus4

thspfc

Ted$8roadFan

Last week: left MA on Paine Street in Bellingham (became Mendon Road in Woonsocket, RI); returned on I-295.
This week: left MA on I-95; returned on I-395.

Ted$8roadFan

Max Rockatansky

Outbound from California on I-15 into Nevada and back on Arizona State Route 95. 

hbelkins

Today, I left Kentucky/entered Virginia via KY 3174 (future US 460) and re-entered Kentucky on current US 460.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

fwydriver405

NWI_Irish96

I left WB via I-80/94 and re-entered WB via I-94.

You can probably surmise at least one very specific stretch of road that I used in between. (I was not on a boat during the trip)
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Dough4872

Yesterday, I left PA for NJ along US 202 and returned to PA from NJ along US 1.

Lukeisroads

Toward funeral and hotel back in Jan. Hotel: CA-99 To CA-58 To I-15 to I-40 To Needles Hwy.
Funeral:NV-163 to AZ-68 to US-93 to I-40 To Stockton hill.
On the way back I-40 to US-93 to AZ-68 to NV-163 To US-95 to I-40 to I-15 to CA-58 To CA-99

Rothman

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.