User Content > Road Trips

2022 Road Trip Plans

<< < (9/9)

D-Dey65:
I took my glass run to Polk County on September 12, and I started posting pics from that day in Wikimedia Commons. Folkston may be iffy at this point due to the nationwide railroad strike.  So is one part of my itinerary for the NYC Area trip, but that's not necessarily cancelled.

MaddogMicharski:
I just bought a 2019 Subaru Outback and wanna use the most out of it. Before the year ends, I do intend on going up to Maine. Do you guys have any suggestions for things to do up there?

webny99:

--- Quote from: MaddogMicharski on September 19, 2022, 04:22:33 PM ---I just bought a 2019 Subaru Outback and wanna use the most out of it. Before the year ends, I do intend on going up to Maine. Do you guys have any suggestions for things to do up there?

--- End quote ---

Acadia NP is worth it if you've never been.

I would also highly recommend Schoodic Peninsula, the eastern portion of the park. It's about an hour away from the main part of the park by road, but more remote, less crowded, and equally scenic with good views of Cadillac Mountain from Schoodic Point (and really good blueberry soft serve at the end of the park loop road).

BlueOutback7:

--- Quote from: MaddogMicharski on September 19, 2022, 04:22:33 PM ---I just bought a 2019 Subaru Outback and wanna use the most out of it. Before the year ends, I do intend on going up to Maine. Do you guys have any suggestions for things to do up there?

--- End quote ---

Another good one, go to the Rangeley Lakes region if you can. There’s some good camping spots up there. Also if you’ve never been, check out Portland. I personally loved my visit up to the city and want to go back soon. I’d highly recommend Portland Lobster Company for good seafood, and make sure to stop at the Holy Donut.

D-Dey65:
Bad news on the visit to my home state; The relatives I stay with when I'm up there have told me not to come to the city.

Apparently, crime has become so bad, that they don't even feel safe on their own street, and this in Bayside.

This sucks for me, because last month I mailed all my MetroCards up to the MTA to be merged, and I'm sure they'll expire sometime next year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version